F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: First Marillion Song

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:15 am

Given that Misplaced Childhood was the first Marillion album i bought, first song ever heard would also be Pseudo Silk Kimono. - I bought the album on the strength of Mark Wilkinson's cover and i don't recall having heard anything from the record prior to the purchase.

First song i actually remember hearing on radio/television was Sugarmice. :D

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:53 pm

..Kayleigh.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I knew Kayleigh from my childhood days being played on the radio. However I became a real fan later in the early nineties. the first song was the live version of "Garden Party" from Reel to Reel, whcih was played by the elder brother of a friend of mine while I was visiting their house.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Market Square Heroes
One of my favourite Marillion songs!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Holiday in Corfu 1985 and Kayleigh

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 pm

by mwelljester 09/08/2011

the first marillion track i heard and bought was GARDEN PARTY that is i heard it after i bought it! i bought it cause i thought the cover design was so intense expression-wise and colourful of course i was hooked by fish n co after i heard it!

rab :D :D :D

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 pm

He Knows You Know, saw the video on a music channel when it was released, liked the track and chose to explore the band & have been a fan ever since.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

mwelljester wrote:by mwelljester 09/08/2011

the first marillion track i heard and bought was GARDEN PARTY that is i heard it after i bought it! i bought it cause i thought the cover design was so intense expression-wise and colourful of course i was hooked by fish n co after i heard it!

rab :D :D :D

I often wonder how many Marillion fans got into them via Mark Wilkinson's artwork?! :? - Just brilliant covers that practically jump off the shelf at you! - Thankfully, I loved Misplaced Childhood as much as the cover! :)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm

It was about 20 years ago and I don't remember if it was Incommunicado or Garden Party or Grendel... for some reason I can't quite remember my first encounter with Marillion, which is weird since I remember very well with Rush (was a rap version of Tom Sawyer lol)

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Forgotten Son's - Tommy Vance's Friday rock show session 1982. love at first listen, I used to record the whole 2 hours show on a orange BASF C120 Cassette (Remember them)!!? Then re -record the best stuff onto another cassette via the Amstrad Twin Tape Stereo system with LED Graphic Equaliser my elder brother owned :D .......... the trip down memory lane is free folks! oh happy days :D :D :D
Next

Full Version