F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: First Marillion Song

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:Forgotten Son's - Tommy Vance's Friday rock show session 1982. love at first listen, I used to record the whole 2 hours show on a orange BASF C120 Cassette (Remember them)!!? Then re -record the best stuff onto another cassette via the Amstrad Twin Tape Stereo system with LED Graphic Equaliser my elder brother owned :D .......... the trip down memory lane is free folks! oh happy days :D :D :D

I used to do something similar! Double-recording. - Honestly, the pains we used to go to to get decent music! :lol:

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

I love this collective trip down memory lane!

Garden Party driving through Melbourne in the passenger seat of a Ford Territory in about 2006. My first thought was, "I've got to get alone with this music and learn all the lyrics!"
Hook, line, and sinker.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Maybe simple, but Kayleigh. Heard it on radio few years ago and started listening to Marillion, also thanks to my Dad. :D

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 am

Friday rock show session for me as well,and hooked for life. Also recorded all the FRIDAY ROCK shows had 100s of tapes all chrome :D of the friday rock shows had em catalogued then in some madness about 2000,my wife said those tapes are just madnes you havent even got a tape player now,why don't you throw them bloomin tapes away,and in a rage I boxed the lot along with the biggest collection in Europe of Allman brothers band(the amaerican southern band) live tapes,over 5000 tapes,and lobbed the lot on the tip,and My heart sunk on the way home and I have regreted it ever since :(

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:22 pm

jon_t wrote:Friday rock show session for me as well,and hooked for life. Also recorded all the FRIDAY ROCK shows had 100s of tapes all chrome :D of the friday rock shows had em catalogued then in some madness about 2000,my wife said those tapes are just madnes you havent even got a tape player now,why don't you throw them bloomin tapes away,and in a rage I boxed the lot along with the biggest collection in Europe of Allman brothers band(the amaerican southern band) live tapes,over 5000 tapes,and lobbed the lot on the tip,and My heart sunk on the way home and I have regreted it ever since :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never listen to the wife! ;) :lol: - Love the Allman Brothers. What a waste. :cry:

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:51 pm

"Hotel hobbies":my only musical "love at first sight" which is still valid ;)
8-)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:41 pm

:lol: the frist was Market Square Heroes. round my frrieds house. i was :o :o by the i am your antichrist. i rushed out to buy the 12" msh/3 boats & GRENDEL. :geek:freak

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

I went to see the late great John Martyn at Aylesbury Friars in 1981, Marillion were supporting (I'd never heard of them), they were on stage when I walked in and I think they were playing Forgotten Sons. Been a fan ever since (not so much the Hogarth Marillion).
I was also at MK Bowl for the Status Quo final gig (previous posts). Status Quo were the first band I ever saw live, so I had to be there. When they reappeared the following year i went off them.

Full Version