F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

skipping parts of songs

Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 am

I know this is a bit of a tricky one - but hey, we are all fans and it is not about negativity...
I mostly skip the second to last part of Grendel, because I think it goes on for a little too long and the syncopated rhythm is a bit too much of that for me. Maybe I also can't wait for the majestic guitar solo at the end. And I want to state here that Grendel is not a folly in any way. I always feel that 15-plus minutes of Marillion is a wonderful treat.

Re: skipping parts of songs

Sun May 13, 2012 8:55 pm

I skip everything post holidays in eden.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:10 am

Montag wrote:I mostly skip the second to last part of Grendel, because I think it goes on for a little too long and the syncopated rhythm is a bit too much of that for me.

My favourite bit!! 8-)

Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I know this isn't F-era Marillion, but I ashamedly confess to skipping the whole of No Dummy when listening to Suits. :oops: - One of the few Fish songs I just haven't warmed to.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:14 am

The first half of White Russian.... :roll: :lol:

Wed May 16, 2012 5:55 am

i dunno why but i just cant skip anything by fish it would be sacrilege :)

Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 am

mwelljester wrote:i dunno why but i just cant skip anything by fish it would be sacrilege :)

You don't think that, in 30 years, Fish has been involved in ANY dodgy tracks?!?! :lol:

Whiplash? Institutional Waltz?? 8-)

Wed May 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Conan wrote:
mwelljester wrote:i dunno why but i just cant skip anything by fish it would be sacrilege :)

You don't think that, in 30 years, Fish has been involved in ANY dodgy tracks?!?! :lol:

Whiplash? Institutional Waltz?? 8-)

yeah i know where your coming from geoff, although i havent listened to these tracks for a while i still wouldnt give them the heave ho if i decided to play a cd that they were on. :)

Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 pm

But aren't we digressing slightly? The OP asked whether we skips 'parts' of songs, not entire songs themselves.

Personally, I can't think of an instance where I might skip a section of a song. Yes, there are songs I occassionally press the 'next track' button on - but not because I like one part but not the other.

Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks for getting the thread back on track! I think there is a big difference between liking a song but not quite getting one part or aspect and just simply dismissing an entire track.
Next

Full Version