F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: skipping parts of songs

Wed May 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Mmmm........ :? - I've been having a good hard think about this and come to the conclusion that there is absolutely nothing from Fish-era Marillion that I would skip through sections of. - There are obviously a couple of tracks that I like much less than others, such as Grendel and The Web, but I'd still listen to the whole track, if it were on.

Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 am

The crappy Yodelling bit on Passion CD by Pendragon...

Sat May 19, 2012 1:22 pm

I skip the beginning of Misplaced Childhood and usually start listening at Blind Curve (Love the Mylo section). I must stress that i really really really like the remaining part of this album. Its total sublime. I find i lose myself in the music very easily.

The Hobbit.

Sat May 19, 2012 1:40 pm

the guitar solo in Tux On

Sat May 19, 2012 9:30 pm

The Hobbit wrote:I skip the beginning of Misplaced Childhood and usually start listening at Blind Curve (Love the Mylo section). I must stress that i really really really like the remaining part of this album. Its total sublime. I find i lose myself in the music very easily.

The Hobbit.

I'm almost speechless! :o :shock: - How can you skip any of Misplaced Childhood?! :? :?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm

oldcrow wrote:the guitar solo in Tux On

highlight of the song for me!

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:54 am

Only rarely, but:

Chelsea Monday.
She Chameleon.

And every now and then I may switch any album off at any time, and prefer the silence that follows.

Sometimes it just hurts too much. (Yes I invest emotionally in the music!)

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Lord wrote:Only rarely, but:

Chelsea Monday.
She Chameleon.

And every now and then I may switch any album off at any time, and prefer the silence that follows.

Sometimes it just hurts too much. (Yes I invest emotionally in the music!)

...so you listen to the Sound of Silence ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUy9ePyo6Q

One of the greatest songs ever written

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Can't think i'd skip any part of a track to be honest, can't see the point, if you don't like it go to the next one :roll:

Full Version