F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

fish vs derek wiliam dick

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

What exactly does this split signify?

Re: fish vs derek wiliam dick

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 pm

One is his real name that he uses in real life, and one is his artist name that is attached to any music work he does.

I assume that's what you mean?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Have they split? :o :? - So presumably they're each going to put out solo work? :?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 pm

DWD is pursuing his acting career while Fish is continuing with his music projects.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 am

What an odd question? Not sure what the OP is getting at...? :? :dont-know:

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Agréé with Geoff, réally dont know why this question has been brung to the fore, as it has long since been answered bk in the old Marillion days when seemingly fish/derek was going through à turbulent character stage in his writing career prior to him relingquishing his grease paint mask. :)

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Sorry i brought this up. I thought the comments would dig deeper...

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Montag wrote:Sorry i brought this up. I thought the comments would dig deeper...

I think people are confused about what you're actually asking. Maybe rephrasing it would make it a bit clearer for us?

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Originally i was happy with fish, as a nickname covers all the angles of a complex artistic personality and dwd as a real name the more authentic personal experiences. But i am not really happy with that any more since all of fish's lyrics seem very personal right from script onwards...any suggestions along these lines?

Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 pm

I don't understand? Even with the explanation, I still don't really understand the question :oops:
Next

Full Version