F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: Top-5 Marillion Songs?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Interesting stuff.
Hardly any mention of Misplaced Childhood tracks :o

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 pm

It's hard to single out a few tracks as it is more an experience as a whole and a lot of the better moments (IMO) are pretty short stand-alone songs such Lavender, Lord of the Backstage or White Feather.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Indinera wrote:It's hard to single out a few tracks as it is more an experience as a whole and a lot of the better moments (IMO) are pretty short stand-alone songs such Lavender, Lord of the Backstage or White Feather.

Very true for me. More so than with any other Marillion album, it's the whole Misplaced Childhood concept. Very hard to take individual tracks out of it, apart from K and L of course! ;)

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 am

Teddynonose wrote:Interesting stuff.
Hardly any mention of Misplaced Childhood tracks :o

You just cant take tracks out of MC, it has to be listened to as it was supposed to be, Straight through :) I know singles were released but i think this was more down to EMI than the Band :?

Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 am

Script for a Jesters Tear
Assassing
Jigsaw
Warm Wet Circles
Last Straw

Like previous posts I don`t think you can break up MC. As for the H -era stuff, well that`s an old discussion nowadays and would be a separate list, ".... but I know what I like and I like what I know."

Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Hmm... this is really hard. Can't even do them in order, so these are my top 5 in no particular order.
And I squeezed in one MC (extended) track. :P
A top 10 would be easier, but still hard.

Chelsea Monday
Jigsaw
Blind curve
Cinderella Search
Sugar Mice

Other contenders: Warm wet circles, Slainte Mhath, Forgotten sons, Assassing, and Script for a jester's tear

Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

arcademannequin wrote:1. Warm Wet Circles
2. Jigsaw
3. Sugar Mice
4. Slainte Mhath
5. Cinderella Search

Strangely enough, my top 5 hasn't changed from when I posted it! :o Quite surprising.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Think I would have to include "Incubus" now, absolutely love this track, its really grown on me in the last few months. :)

Thu May 23, 2013 6:17 am

arcademannequin wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:1. Warm Wet Circles
2. Jigsaw
3. Sugar Mice
4. Slainte Mhath
5. Cinderella Search

Strangely enough, my top 5 hasn't changed from when I posted it! :o Quite surprising.

What No Script or Fugazi! Paul :shock: :shock:

Thu May 23, 2013 6:19 am

Andyboy67 wrote:Think I would have to include "Incubus" now, absolutely love this track, its really grown on me in the last few months. :)

Definitley Andy, dont forget Script and Fugazi ! :D
Next

Full Version