Oh that's cool motherwell! That must be 10X as good with a live band and a crowd! One day I may too experience this 'convention' for myself, live!
But alas I live so far away! All I have is the recorded muse to heighten my senses
ah it's not that bad
So many songs have given me that unbelievable goosepimple feeling (often more than once)
Just off the top of my head:
- The (one of many) changes in Grendel where the keyboard sets the mood for "Hounds freeze in silence bewitched by the reptile spell..."
- Fade in intro to Garden Party.
- "Goodbye Judy!"
- In Real to Reel when Fish says in Market Square Heroes "And this is where we really go for it"
- Sunset Hill chorus
- From "son watches father scan obituary columns..." onwards. The twin guitar after the effect of the famous "Fugazi moment" is sublime.
- Vigil "is the deadliest weapon, that is truth."
- Fish blowing his head off in Recital of the Script. Pretty much all of that concert is gold. (I wonder where that kid Fish slashes up in Grendel is these days??)
- "This is the story so far"
- Mosely has a little flutter of toms before the solo in Warm Wet Circles.
- "Bridges are burning, burning, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!"
Oh there are so many. All this from a voice and a couple of instruments and studio effects.
And I'm only a bloody rookie, I only own Vigil from his solo work (the shame the shame!)