F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: Script 30th Anniversary

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:10 pm

arcademannequin wrote:......Absolute class Sharon!!!! :D :D - Listen to us all sing!! - This is going to be one hell of a DVD!

Was fab, wasn't it! 8-) Was the first time I'd seen him perform it, so was well made up :)

For a "work in progress", this is pretty spot on! :)

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Brilliant thank you Sharon . . . Fish looks so happy i love to see that in someone on stage . Look at his face , just look at his face B-) :-)

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Its very interesting to compare two versions of Script from Leamington and Holland.
One with the original singer and lyricist and one with the "original" band and "new" singer and full production.
Both great. So wonderful to see them being performed by both bands.

Steve Hogarth gave fantastic emotional performances of the Fish era songs the band played at the weekend and the resto of the band played them as though they have played them everyday for the last 30 years.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Its very interesting to compare two versions of Script from Leamington and Holland.
One with the original singer and lyricist and one with the "original" band and "new" singer and full production.
Both great. So wonderful to see them being performed by both bands.

Steve Hogarth gave fantastic emotional performances of the Fish era songs the band played at the weekend and the resto of the band played them as though they have played them everyday for the last 30 years.

Agree, and they both have a right to play it,.........but only one will ever sound right to my ears.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:21 am

Having already purchased Market Square Heroes on 12 inch, I eagerly awaited my 15th birthday and the release of Script. Brilliant on the first hearing, I've never failed to be anything but inspired every time I hear it.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 pm

It's now going to be included as part of the May set list :'( :yes2:

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Lady41 wrote:It's now going to be included as part of the May set list :'( :yes2:

Was that the only reveal Sharon? No other hints as to what may be included? :?

As Rab said, it's one hell of an opener! - Something about that first piano chord and the famous opening line. It just draws everyone into the moment. :)

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:34 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Lady41 wrote:It's now going to be included as part of the May set list :'( :yes2:

Was that the only reveal Sharon? No other hints as to what may be included? :?

As Rab said, it's one hell of an opener! - Something about that first piano chord and the famous opening line. It just draws everyone into the moment. :)

I don't think so, but I haven't really read it properly yet but it's on the Fishheadsclub

http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/03/16/1501/

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Today at the gig of Mick Pointer and Friends wasn't a piano chord at the beginning!

Full Version