F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Wayne Hussey (The Mission) has just posted on facebook from his mum's scrap book a 1886 readers poll. I can not see wether it is Sounds, NME or Melody Maker. But the last I would imagine as they championed The Mission in the early days.

But of more interest here:

Best Male Vocalist:
1. Peter Gabriel
2. Wayne
8. FISH
9. Phil Collins

Greatest Person:
1. Sir Bob Geldof (Though he was not Sir at the time)
2. Wayne
5.Terry Waite
6. FISH
7. John Peel
8. Kenny Dalglish!!!!!

Best Live Act:
1. The Mission
2. MARILLION


Best Band In The World:
1. MARILLION
5. The Mission (Though The Mission won best British band :? )

Oh...........Wayne came second in the sex symbol poll behind Jon Bon Jovi. Fish did not get in the top 10 ;)
Thanked: 4

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Who the hell is Wayne? :? :?

.....and Kenny isn't a person. He's GOD!!! (even though he got sacked :cry: :cry: )

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

No...............Wayne is god.

Gods Own Medicine
Belief
God Is A Bullet
Heaven Sent You
Garden Of Delight

.........I could go on.... :?

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:25 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Who the hell is Wayne? :? :?

.....and Kenny isn't a person. He's GOD!!! (even though he got sacked :cry: :cry: )


We sing a song about Kenny shall I share it with you ??? ;)

Er probably not, I don't wanna get banned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:Who the hell is Wayne? :? :?

.....and Kenny isn't a person. He's GOD!!! (even though he got sacked :cry: :cry: )


We sing a song about Kenny shall I share it with you ??? ;)

Er probably not, I don't wanna get banned :lol: :lol: :lol:


Please.......... ;)

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:Who the hell is Wayne? :? :?

.....and Kenny isn't a person. He's GOD!!! (even though he got sacked :cry: :cry: )


We sing a song about Kenny shall I share it with you ??? ;)


Only if I can sing my Fergie song! ;) :)

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 am

On the subject of polls you may find the Rocklist site interesting...

for example...

Kerrang! Singles of the year 1982...

1. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
2. Rainbow - Stone Cold
3. Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
4. Marillion - Market Square Heroes

Awww bless...

:-)

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/kerrang.html
Thanked: 2

Re: Melody Maker/Sounds Poll 1986

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 am

markcurtis wrote:On the subject of polls you may find the Rocklist site interesting...

for example...

Kerrang! Singles of the year 1982...

1. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
2. Rainbow - Stone Cold
3. Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
4. Marillion - Market Square Heroes

Awww bless...

:-)

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/kerrang.html



Ah the 80's happy days, and the 90's not so good :-(

Full Version