Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

The Thirteenth Star

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:45 pm

:) Like the title- reference to the 13th studio album? Be interesting to hear what Steve V's collaboration produces and I hope TT contributes at some point. It will have to go some to match 'Crows' for me but I welcome any new material when I thought we'd perhaps seen the last album.

Jon

The Thirteenth Star

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:00 pm

13th? ................

The Thirteenth Star

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I'm thinking : Script, Fugazi, Misplaced, Clutching, Vigil, Exile, Songs From, Suits, Sunsets, Raingods, Fellini , Crows and now 'Star'............hope I've not missed one or I'll be eating humble pie for weeks and I put on some weight over Christmas as it is!

cheers
Jon

The Thirteenth Star

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:51 pm

well all i can say is...........bring it on,i reckon its gona be a belter!

The Thirteenth Star

Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:51 am

I wonder what its sound will be like.. and if it has some really rocky numbers, or some new influences in songs from other artists.. like maybe heavier or more keys, if you know what I mean!

I hope its an interesting album!

The Thirteenth Star

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:15 am

i'm hoping it will have a darker atmosphere (and i hope it doesn't contain any songs like Zoo Class or the Rookie which don't do it for me), not conceptual but more flowy if you get what i mean.

Ed

The Thirteenth Star

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:24 am

Fish admits that 'Return to Childhood' has produced some fresh enjoyment for the old material and that I guess that could well reflect in the new album. Steve V has been around long enough now to know the sort of music we like. I personally liked Zoo Class as a way of showing the different types of song Fish can do and helped round 'Crows' as an album but I can appreciate why some don't like that style.
My hopes for TT to get involved are based on the fact that in 'Plague', 'Lost Plot' and 'Scattering' he showed he can create atmospheres and strong melodies. That also shows in his solo work.

The Thirteenth Star

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:40 pm

the best thing about a new album is ....... dreaming how it will be!
And it's nice to read that I am not the only one who does it.
nonnes :-* :-* :-*

The Thirteenth Star

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:09 pm

I have been part of the Fish Community for the last 14 months, and a lot has happened to him in that time.

I am looking forward to how these experiances come out in the new album.

The Thirteenth Star

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:59 am

I'm thinking : Script, Fugazi, Misplaced, Clutching, Vigil, Exile, Songs From, Suits, Sunsets, Raingods, Fellini , Crows and now 'Star'............hope I've not missed one or I'll be eating humble pie for weeks and I put on some weight over Christmas as it is!

cheers
Jon

So that's how you get thirteen!
I wasn't counting the four Marillion albums but including Yin and Yang. Doing my head in trying to find the two 'missing' albums!

I agree that it'd be great if TonyT plays and writes on it. Best keyboard player since Mickey Simmonds.
Dafty
Next

Full Version