Heres the place to talk about Fish in general
Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 am
13th Star belting out of first, my stereo, second the car stereo, and third the stereo again yesterday.... terrific!!!! As with all of the albums, it just depends on your own frame of mind, the circumstances you find yourself in, and of course, how wasted you are at the time. Whether you're angry about something, sad about something, laughing about something...
Without trying to sound to toooo sychophantic... All the albums are unique in their own way and different lines of the songs will mean different things at different times. 13th Star is no exception...
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:15 am
Spot on - I was a Vigil person last night.
Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:58 pm
Well, I finally broke down and purchased 13th Star... Glad I did. See, I live in Bristol, TN USA and I refuse to purchase a Fish album from anywhere but directly from his site, because it is the only way I can support him. Being where I live, I will never get to see him live.
What a wonderful album. I love the guitar driven songs, it has been a while since Fish really rocked out. I have to say, this is now my third favorite album by him, just after the first two solo works. His lyrics have always touched me in some way and this is one of his strongest lyrical albums in quite a long time.
Thank you, Fish, for another great album.
Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am
I love this album. It's one that really resonates with my own experiences, thought they are pretty universal. It's enough to bring a tear to this cynics eye.
Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Indeed a great Fish cd, I have to confess I haven't spun it in a while as I was going back to the previous ones, but I am going start playing it again real soon & looking forward to re-visiting and re-discovering it. cheers
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:00 pm
Started listening to it in the car & cranking the volume, wonderful, one of my top 3 Fish albums
Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:49 am
Hello all. First post on here (I think...
Can anyone who has '13th Star' on vinyl
answer a few questions for me?
1. How does it sound on vinyl compared to the CD?
2. What is the quality of vinyl itself like? 180gm or what? 33 rpm or 45rpm?
3. Would you recommend it to me, a vinyl aficionado, even though I have '13th Star' on CD?ps. Fish - any chance of an EMI 180gm pressing of 'Vigil...'?
It's just a State of Mind...
Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:26 am
1. Dont know as i dont have a turntable.
2. it is a thing od beauty, black, shiny, with a round lable and a wee hole perfectly placed in the dead centre. To save it getting dirty, it comes in a sleeve, and a cover, which has got a lovely doodle on it by some Mark Wilkinson, who have a great chain of discount stores and sells razors with more blades in than you actually need. Allegedly it goes at 33rpm, but on a good day with a tail wind it can go up to 45 rpm, if you hire Pinkie and Perky or the Stig to drive it.
3. Narurally, yes.
welcome to the forum.........
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am
Have to say that I didn't realise that you could buy the new stuff on vinyl, would love to as I play all of mine quite regularly.
Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 am
Listened to the album the other day for the first time in well over a year and '13th' still strikes me as a wonderful album. If anything I'd forgotten just how magnificent the production is on this- stunning.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.