Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Gig photos for the web site

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:01 am

Hi all

I love to have your photos for the site and, now the tour under way, many will be taken and you'd probably like to see yours published. I always welcome pictures for the site but I do ask for a few things:
Please send about 10 or 15 of your best pictures, not all of them photos of just Fish and please bear in mind that I no longer use a) pics of groups of happy fans unless there's a band member embedded in there somewhere, or b) "here's a shot of Fish and me/the kids/my wife" etc as the site would quickly fill up with them.

If sent by e-mail, I also prefer .ZIP files if possible. If you could name them with the venue/date or put the details into your email that would help too. File type and name is not important but I do ask that there is some sort of file extension (e.g. pic111.jpg rather than pic111) as I need a clue, and uncompressed jpg is best if you can manage it. Send the images full size (as taken) and I will edit them for the web. You will always be given credit plus an email link if you provide it, so please let me know if you don't want me to do that.

The email address to send them to is webmaster@fish-thecompany.com
If you'd rather post them, send a message to that email and I'll reply with my address.
If you prefer to upload the photos to your own image hosting site, please tell me the link and I'll be happy to include it.

Finally, please respect the fact that I don't have time to go through DVDs full of hundreds of photos to find your best shots - I trust your decision about that. Look at the photos page on the web site and, if there are no pictures of that gig or your shots are better than the ones that have already been published, please send them!

Thanks for your input and feedback, sorry that I have to impose some "rules" but I might be flooded out if I didn't!

All the best
Mo

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:43 am

Hi

I like this photo here:

When I took this photo, he was just telling us how frustrated he was being kicked off from the qualification of the EM by the Italians :-)

And this photo here I call: "Double fish" :-)

And here is "little fish" or more: Frank Usher in full action

These photos have been taken by his last concert in Switzerland, in Pratteln near Basel. I was all in front of the stage and able to take great photos and even excellent videos :-)
Last edited by swissfish on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:47 am

Sorry Rainbow - I didn't read your whole message before posting the pictures myselve... Hope you accept my apologyse...

Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 am

That's fine, no problem! We like to see photos!

Mo

Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi

I like this photo here:

When I took this photo, he was just telling us how frustrated he was being kicked off from the qualification of the EM by the Italians :-)

And this photo here I call: "Double fish" :-)

And here is "little fish" or more: Frank Usher in full action

These photos have been taken by his last concert in Switzerland, in Pratteln near Basel. I was all in front of the stage and able to take great photos and even excellent videos :-)

Great pictures of fish wish I was there Rock on :'( :'( :'( :-/ :-/ :-/ :'( :'( :'(

Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Yeah it was really great!!!! and even the Videos I took are very, very good - very happy about them...

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi

I like this photo here:

He told us something like that, at the gig in Milan, last November... :) but, I'm sorry Fish...you should have known that : we're World Champions ! ;D

:-/

Sofi

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi

I like this photo here:

He told us something like that, at the gig in Milan, last November... :) but, I'm sorry Fish...you should have known that : we're World Champions ! ;D

:-/

Sofi

If it was not for good gracious losers, you wouldn't have good winners......

I don't think you won the Euro yet.......

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I'm just curious: are cameras actually allowed into Fish's shows or are these pictures taken with smuggled cameras? As a photographer I have always wanted to take photos at a concert, especially if I could get my Canon Rebel with its 300mm zoom in there :D (I love that lens).

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:11 am

This question is asked quite a lot, and there isn't a simple answer.

Some venues have a "no recording, no photography" policy which their security staff will enforce. I have known places where all cameras are removed from their owners at the door (a friend of mine missed a gig completely because he refused to part with his beloved camera).
If you're planning to use anything more fancy than your mobile phone, it's always worth checking with the venue first. If you're planning to take a tripod or anything which will take up room, you must ask.

If you're using your mobile to take photos, try not to use flash if you can - if it gets excessive it can be annoying for the band as well as the crowd as it can spoil the stage lighting. And you might be tapped on the shoulder by a venue security guy and asked to stop.

The other question that is asked a lot is about usage of photos and recordings. Video taken at gigs should not be made public without direct permission from the artist (not me, I can't help you there!) so if you do put something on YouTube etc. you might be asked to take it down. Photos and recordings must never, under any circumstances, be sold publicly without direct permission.

If you're putting Fish gig photos onto a web site, we do ask for a link to www.fish-thecompany.com if you can manage it. We know this isn't always possible but please do it if you can.

I hope this helps
Mo
Next

Full Version