Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Your most underrated Fish songs

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 pm

What songs do you love that aren't as talked about or seemingly regarded as well as the Fish classics?

Pilgrims Address - a very moving song which I am glad has become a live fixture in recent times. I have worked with ex-servicemen in the past and the way this country treats it's servicemen is awful, so I can identify with the message behind the song.

Incomplete - an amazing emotionally moving ballad with excellent lyrics. This was actually the first Fish song I heard, I was 9 years old and it came on the radio during a car journey in Italy. That was the first and only time I heard the song and i always remembered the chorus and had occasionally wondered what it was called and who sung it before I heard it again 8 years later when I listened to RWZ for the first time and recognised Incomplete immediately.

Our Smile - thoroughly deserved to be a radio hit IMO, fantastic rock ballad that has the immediacy suitable for radio but then again we all know that the general public has no taste :P I can also identify with the opening lyrics very much! :(

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Good topic! :) - Think I would have to go with Our Smile too. - I wouldn't say it was underrated as such, but it's certainly one that isn't talked about much. - Think it's one of my favourite Fish tracks. Great memories of this at the Convention, as he gave a very moving rendition of it. :)

I'll have to have a think about other tracks :? ......

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Think I'll go with :

'Numbers'- straight-ahead rocker I know , and the production didn't help , but love it live. Hopefully the Chris Kimsey re-master will bring it to life on CD one day.

'Tiki 4' - melodic and has a good lyric. Has its problems as it goes on too long and I keep wishing it had been played much faster

'Say it With Flowers'- brings 'Sunsets' down to a suitable close.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:43 pm

There are so many great tracks on Vigil, but one that's very rarely mentioned or played live, is The Voyeur. - I've always loved that track. The lyrics are still so relevant today.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Another thumbs up for Tiki 4 - it's one of my faves. IMO it doesn't go on too long, and isn't too slow.

One of my favorites has always been Shadowplay, because it's so proggy and varied.

State of Mind has always been a favorite. I like the Presidential Mix, which is extended.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:05 pm

- state of mind
- family business(this one is a masterpiece!!!)
- shadowplay
these are the three that come to my mind right now but there are certainely more ;)
8-)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

- favourite stranger
- pipeline
- poet's moon
- titled cross
- the pilgrim's address

I knew that there were others :D
8-)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Family Business for me, Great to hear it live in May, it's one of my favourite Fish tracks :)

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 pm

A confession, but until the Convention, I'd sort of neglected 'The Field'. :oops: - It just never grabbed me musically, but the more I've listened to it and understood the sentiment and the unbelievably good lyrics, the more I've got into it. It's possibly one of my favourite Fish tracks now. Quite a turnaround from something I ashamedly passed over originally. :oops:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 pm

arcademannequin wrote:A confession, but until the Convention, I'd sort of neglected 'The Field'. :oops: - It just never grabbed me musically, but the more I've listened to it and understood the sentiment and the unbelievably good lyrics, the more I've got into it. It's possibly one of my favourite Fish tracks now. Quite a turnaround from something I ashamedly passed over originally. :oops:

I love that song,always have;its rise until the end is really beautiful and very catchy ;)
8-)
Next

Full Version