Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:56 am

brother 95 wrote:- favourite stranger
- pipeline
- poet's moon 8-)


Good calls! And from my favourite (and very under-rated) album Suits.

I would also add "Black Canal". One of Fish's best tracks IMO, but I know that is not a widely held opinion... 8-)

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:50 am

Conan wrote:
brother 95 wrote:- favourite stranger
- pipeline
- poet's moon 8-)


Good calls! And from my favourite (and very under-rated) album Suits.

I would also add "Black Canal". One of Fish's best tracks IMO, but I know that is not a widely held opinion... 8-)


Black Canal is an absolute top drawer number as is Jumpsuit City , Mr 1470, Raw Meat and Lady Let it Lie from the Suits era.

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Clutcher of Straws wrote:Black Canal is an absolute top drawer number as is Jumpsuit City , Mr 1470, Raw Meat and Lady Let it Lie from the Suits era.


Break down the album, song by song, and there are a lot of great tracks on Suits. - Just don't understand how, as a whole, the album fails to reach the top of my favourites list. :? :? Perhaps it just doesn't hang together as well, conceptually speaking, as some of the others. More a collection of good, if disparate tracks.

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Clutcher of Straws wrote:Black Canal is an absolute top drawer number as is Jumpsuit City , Mr 1470, Raw Meat and Lady Let it Lie from the Suits era.


Break down the album, song by song, and there are a lot of great tracks on Suits. - Just don't understand how, as a whole, the album fails to reach the top of my favourites list. :? :? Perhaps it just doesn't hang together as well, conceptually speaking, as some of the others. More a collection of good, if disparate tracks.


Maybe... but one of the things I like most about Suits is the "sound" of the album. Whether that is down to the production values, or the group of musicians that played on it, I don't know. But I just wallow and luxuriate in the sound. In fact, I'm off to listen to it now! :D 8-)

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:51 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Clutcher of Straws wrote:Black Canal is an absolute top drawer number as is Jumpsuit City , Mr 1470, Raw Meat and Lady Let it Lie from the Suits era.


Break down the album, song by song, and there are a lot of great tracks on Suits. - Just don't understand how, as a whole, the album fails to reach the top of my favourites list. :? :? Perhaps it just doesn't hang together as well, conceptually speaking, as some of the others. More a collection of good, if disparate tracks.



I've always thought of Suits as a good collection od Side B tracks. Raw Meat though, man I love the hell out of that song. The Communion version is a stunner.

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 am

Yeah, Raw Meat is a Fish classic. Don't think that one is underrated. ;) :)

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 am

Rites of Passage, Exit wound, Tiki 4 :D 8-)
Thanked: 1

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 am

mwelljester wrote:Rites of Passage, Exit wound, Tiki 4 :D 8-)


Good call Rab! I love Tiki 4. Never hear it talked about much. :(

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 am

arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:Rites of Passage, Exit wound, Tiki 4 :D 8-)


Good call Rab! I love Tiki 4. Never hear it talked about much. :(

Love the live version on the Scattering Crows dvd Paul, where it was included in the extras recorded in Malta.

Re: Your most underrated Fish songs

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:41 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Yeah, Raw Meat is a Fish classic. Don't think that one is underrated. ;) :)



Not underrated at all, you're right, but still have to profess my love for that one! In keeping with the subject though here are my 3 underrated songs.

1. Poet's Moon
2. Mission Statement
3. Where in the World
Next

Full Version