Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Feast - The Delay

Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Just read the latest news from Fish regards the delays in getting the deluxe edition out to people on time. All very frustrating for the Big Man considering the amount of effort in getting everything done on time, only to be let down by printers who haven't kept their side of the deal.

All i can say is, Fish, don't let it get you down. We who have pre-ordered can now get the downloaded FLAC version (and i'm on my 4th listen) so at least the album is available to digest before the tour. The deluxe book can wait.

Hopefully you will not lose too much revenue by not being able to sell the deluxe version at the gigs (i'm happy to wait for my copy if it means an extra one for you to sell on the tour), but as fans i think the most important thing now is not to be tempted to share this download on the internet, or anywhere else. The difference between profit and loss is knife edge when you've not got major label support so we must do all we can to ensure Fish makes as much revenue as possible.

Fish has entrusted us with the advance FLAC download so let's not betray that trust.

Re: Feast - The Delay

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 pm

I don't think any self-respecting Fish fan in their right mind would even contemplate making the download available over the net. - Hell, I won't even let her indoors touch my CDs. :evil: ;)

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:48 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I don't think any self-respecting Fish fan in their right mind would even contemplate making the download available over the net. - Hell, I won't even let her indoors touch my CDs. :evil: ;)

I would join a long line to hunt down anyone who might think this to be a smart move.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:58 am

Hopefully this will not be a problem, and people will not share the downloads. I am waiting for mine to finish.
I also think most fans will be understanding with respect to the delay, and sympathetic to the frustration that Fish must be feeling. It's things that happen, not everyone is reliable and there are things beyond our control.

And we have actual music to tide us over, in any case!! (Two minutes to complete the download now! :D )

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 am

no problem with the delay for me too....I've got the music(as soon as I will download the file of course)...the deluxe edition can wait a little longer!
8-)

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 am

A lot of people are replying to Fish's latest message, saying they'll happily wait for their deluxe version if it means Fish can use them for other purposes, ie promotion.

I think this shows how much we are all behind him in whatever he does.

Listening to the new album in the kitchen last night and I was really getting quite emotional about it all. I got into Marillion when I was 15, for goodness sake! Fish has been there my whole life.

We can cope with a delay. He's worth it.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 pm

AdrianH wrote:A lot of people are replying to Fish's latest message, saying they'll happily wait for their deluxe version if it means Fish can use them for other purposes, ie promotion.

What a good idea! I'd be happy to do that. How do we contact him to let him know? Have people already done so and had a reply?

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:00 pm

I think he has plenty copies of the CD which will be on sale. It's the deluxe version that's held up by the printing of the artwork, unless I've misunderstood.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Lady41 wrote:I think he has plenty copies of the CD which will be on sale. It's the deluxe version that's held up by the printing of the artwork, unless I've misunderstood.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Now that I have the FLAC version to listen to, I don't mind Fish hanging onto my Deluxe version to use for his marketing purposes until some more come in. I can wait... :)

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Fish has tweeted that the deluxe editions will be arriving at the studio this Thursday 8-)
Next

Full Version