Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Favourite Live Solo track

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Don't know about you, but every Fish gig I ever go to, I always have that one special song at the back of my mind that I hope and pray will be on the setlist. It very rarely changes because no matter how many times I see it played, it always sends the shivers down the back of my neck. Call it spiritual or euphoric or whatever, but it never fails to get me. - Of course, quite a few Fish tracks do this, but for me, when he starts with the lines: 'Listen to me. Just hear me out.....', I almost cry inside! :oops: Just feel that Vigil, complete with it's crowd walkabout and handshakes is the ultimate connection between artist and fan. That moment when Fish speaks for us all, while among us. The voice in the crowd.

In terms of solo material, which one Fish track does it for you live? The one you secretly hope is always on the setlist? The one you miss most when it isn't?!

Re: Favourite Live Solo track

Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 am

I didn't go to many Fish gigs and I totally regret it....
but if I went to many gigs of the big man,I would love him to play each time "vigil..." ,"shadowplay" and "poet's moon" (I do not get tired of these three songs) ;)
8-)

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 am

Vigil is a classic.

Raw Meat and Gentleman's are ones that I love as well.

Great topic.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:34 am

Simply love Square Go live

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 am

Jigsaw or Fugazi

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 am

Cant seperate "Vigil" which is a classic and "The Company" because of what it stands for :) and i am 100% sure that Perfume River will be added to this if not the whole of "THE FEAST" :D 8-)

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm

What do you think about "Cliché"? For me a must have. Including a great guitar solo ;) !

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:04 pm

brother 95 wrote:I didn't go to many Fish gigs and I totally regret it....
but if I went to many gigs of the big man,I would love him to play each time "vigil..." ,"shadowplay" and "poet's moon" (I do not get tired of these three songs) ;)
8-)

Good call, but don't think I've ever seen him perform Shadowplay live, except on the Fool's Company DVD when he couldn't remember the words! :lol:

Agree with Ulli on Cliché. Probably my second choice. :)

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Great topic Paul

There are so many to choose from.....

I think for me tho it's got to be "The Company" and everything it stands for....... :D :-/ :D

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Cliche or Long Cold Day if we are talking about solo tracks.

Otherwise I could add Script and Jigsaw.
Next

Full Version