Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Feast - The First Listen

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:48 am

I'm curious.

How do you guys listen to a new album? Will you just slam it on an MP3 player and go for a walk, or do you get a bottle of wine, light some candles and crank the hi-fi up to 11?

Re: Feast - The First Listen

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 pm

JohnSReid wrote:I'm curious.

How do you guys listen to a new album? Will you just slam it on an MP3 player and go for a walk, or do you get a bottle of wine, light some candles and crank the hi-fi up to 11?

The best way for me is to wait until it's late and at least nearly dark, then either listen on headphones or on speakers with the volume up if the house is empty.

I can still remember my first listen to 'Script' - I didn't hear it until '86. I put the vinyl on and plugged in the headphones. Got half way through the title track and then the temperamental turntable belt drive slipped , so I had to start again :cry: but then what a first listen!

Ever since then, first listen to a new Fish (either solo or when still with Marillion) has always been so keenly anticipated that I can recall most of them (particularly the great listens -'Misplaced' ,'Sunsets', '13th Star', and the not-so-great 'Internal Exile' and 'Suits') . The exception is probably 'Songs From the Mirror' which I didn't even buy straight away......

The eagerness to hear a new Fish album means that rarely have I been able to resist listening as soon as I have it in my possession, and so conditions haven't always been at their best. As mentioned in another thread biggest mistake was listening to 'Raingods' one sunny lunchtime just before an afternoon shift.

With 'Feast' I fully intend to get the candles out and shut myself away for a couple of hours for the first full listen. 8-)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:23 pm

I will recieve the parcel in my office, so the first listen will be in my car on my way back home. A second lietsning session will follow on a friday night home.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:13 pm

I joke about the candles and the darkness, but in all honesty, it will probably just be in my music room and in the evening when I have more free time. - Rarely listen to music until after work and after tea time, when I have more opportunity to settle and enjoy it, rather than it just be something in the background.

Will definitely take some proper time out to soak up Feast, as I'm expecting something special and it's obviously been such a long time since 13th Star.

As it stands though, I've had no confirmation that payment has been received from my direct bank transfer, so I don't even know if I shall be getting Feast upon release?! :? :? :(

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I like to be alone when I listen to a new album,without wife and kids :oops: and it will be true for this one especially :mrgreen:
8-)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:17 pm

brother 95 wrote:I like to be alone when I listen to a new album,without wife and kids :oops: and it will be true for this one especially :mrgreen:
8-)

Why, are you going to lock them out of the house?! :? ;) :lol:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
brother 95 wrote:I like to be alone when I listen to a new album,without wife and kids :oops: and it will be true for this one especially :mrgreen:
8-)

of course :mrgreen: :lol:
8-)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:32 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
8-)

It's easier when the children are grown up and live their life, they are more often out than in ! ;)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:35 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I've had no confirmation that payment has been received from my direct bank transfer, so I don't even know if I shall be getting Feast upon release?! :? :? :(

Maybe you can send an email to Elspeth... But she must be very busy at the moment !

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:43 pm

UK Fishheads, I and us abroad will certainly recieve the parcel a bit later than you...
The first listen will probably be in my office at home, with headphones, and the booklet in hands.
Next

Full Version