Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: Disappointed by "Feast"

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 am

oldcrow wrote:I see our very own SteadyEddie cannot confine his disappointment to this forum: http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... Descending :(

Very odd. Man with a mission. :?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:28 am

What a strange opinion for one who claims to be a fan to the extent of being part of this forum. Still opinions are like a***holes. We all have one. Syringe your ears "my friend."

Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Well he's entitled to his opinion I suppose but its bizzare at how motivated he is to share it with the world. It won't stop anyone buying the album I'm convinced of that.

More I listen to it the more I love it, which is often the way with Fishs music. Perfume River is creeping up my all time favourite tracks. Best album in many a year - and it feels fresh and new , so hopefully many more to come

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes, he is entitled to his own opinion as are we.

I would actually agree with him on All Loved Up in the fact that it is my least likable track on the album. From first hearing I actually compared it to the Quo. And believe me, I am not there greatest fan.

Oh.....crucify me ;)

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Well, its a grower and a counterpoint to Perfume River which is a sensuous lingering flowing track ( a river infact ;) ) its not my favourite by a long way but its a sorbet to clean the palate after a wonderful starter with a complex evocative wine. I suspect it will be a cracking track live that will get us jumping, some tracks are meant to be heard live after all.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:58 pm

It possibly does come across a bit better live (I have heard it as so 6 times) but I am hoping it will be one of the tracks to change in the set list. Knowing my luck it will be swapped for Tumbledown ;)

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Chris D wrote:It possibly does come across a bit better live (I have heard it as so 6 times) but I am hoping it will be one of the tracks to change in the set list. Knowing my luck it will be swapped for Tumbledown ;)

Saying that, I enjoy the track much more live. I'd be happy to see it stay in the setlist.

Yes, it's the not the best track on the album, but it certainly isn't a disaster of Tumbledown proportions!

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Have grown to quite like 'All Loved Up' but I always play it at the very end after 'Unravelling' (a track I'd like to hear live, preferably with Liz Antwi on BV). At the end I find it really does offer the intended light relief, almost like an upbeat encore. 8-)

Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:52 pm

oldcrow wrote:Have grown to quite like 'All Loved Up' but I always play it at the very end after 'Unravelling' (a track I'd like to hear live, preferably with Liz Antwi on BV). At the end I find it really does offer the intended light relief, almost like an upbeat encore. 8-)

Thsat is a fair and valid point....

Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Aww, Eddie's not coming on tour! Shame that. :cry:

Full Version