Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: "High Wood" Or "Plague Of Ghosts" Which is your favourit

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I can't really choose, both are amazing. However, I do agree with others that HW should have ended the album. The Great Unraveling isn't very good the more I listened to it, and I don't even have it on my play list. I put The Other Side of Me right after Feast, and the album sounds better to me.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:33 am

:nhl_checking: Well i`m still plague. Myself but on more listening to high wood. It maybe hard to have a favourrite. between them. :lol: :lol: But i`m just a :geek: when it comes to fish and his music. no :shock: there than.
which one of these is a fav.
forgotten sons or johnny puter.
the web or fugazi. :ugeek: or :geek: freak yeah.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I think when Andy posed the question it was in regard to Plague and HW being of epic proportions. Which one is better? Too early to call. Plague is fantastic, but sounds like pieces jigsawed together to make a fit. Whereas HW is a number of songs that tell a narrative, what Fish has described as a movie for the ears. Also, Plague strikes me as containing more personal reflection, whilst HW seems more empathic and about the experiences of others.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

brother 95 wrote:Fish had probably his reasons and who am I to discuss that :?

Well, I'd like to think that this forum encourages Fish fans old and new to discuss his work in a sensible and balanced way. And, at times, that will (and should) include some criticism! :o

We can't (and shouldn't) all agree all the time. That would make this forum (and the World) a very dull place. :)

Fish is the writer, the composer, the artist. But if it weren't for us he would not be able to make a living from music. I think we are entitled to express our opinions now and again! 8-)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Conan wrote:
brother 95 wrote:Fish had probably his reasons and who am I to discuss that :?

Well, I'd like to think that this forum encourages Fish fans old and new to discuss his work in a sensible and balanced way. And, at times, that will (and should) include some criticism! :o

We can't (and shouldn't) all agree all the time. That would make this forum (and the World) a very dull place. :)

Fish is the writer, the composer, the artist. But if it weren't for us he would not be able to make a living from music. I think we are entitled to express our opinions now and again! 8-)

I agreed with you;all I wanted to say is that a choice of an artist is basically uncritically or hardly dabatable because this choice is very personal and answers to the artist's feelings at the moment he chose to do what he did....
for instance,who am I to critisize "guernica" by Picasso or the 9th symphony by Beethoven...
discuss about a subject,yes,of course:having an opinion is always productive! I'm not an artist so who am I to critisized the choices of real artists?
once again,it is so difficult to translate in English what I really would want to say in French :mrgreen: :oops:
8-)

Full Version