Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 am

Great post :-)
Music moves me in a very emotional way as well and even to tears sometimes :oops:
I was only having this conversation with someone on here the other day, it doesn't always have to be a lyric - sometimes just a hook in a song, the melody or a time change. Only in this last week I've experienced this with Hearts amazing live version of Zeppelins "Stairway to heaven" (choir and all) & The Waterboys song "The hosting of the shee" I guess that's why music is a main player in my life, I live for these moments . :D
Thanked: 3

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:10 am

It was like finding your family after years apart :D.

I have lived with these melodies and lyrics so long on isolation that even to read threads about them is a thrill.

Heck I'm giddy just looking at the words above the post icons ' favourite stranger ' 'born lucky' etc

Music has gotten me through some awful times in life and also been the soundtrack to the best. I love most genres from Mozart to Motörhead. But I have always had a very different and special relationship with Fishes music. Some songs I have listened to whilst revising, after funerals, after special dates ;), at my wedding and in the way home from hospital after the birth if one if my kids.

Not really sure people feel the same way about Miley Cyrus but there you go.

If music were food Fish provides me with a banquet of exotic and original courses that even Heston couldn't imagine. Satisfying exotic and endlessly new.
Most people I know seem content to listen to music that is as gastronomically satisfying as a tic-tac

:D
Thanked: 3

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:32 pm

sussexsaint wrote:Most people I know seem content to listen to music that is as gastronomically satisfying as a tic-tac:D

:lol:
I sometimes feel the same way too.

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:, I live for these moments . :D

. I have found myself thinking exactly the same thing many times especially for instance during fantastic gigs that I've been to.
Funny that! I'm not the only sad person about then lol

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Nope :D far from it.

Portsmouth guildhall. Right at the front of the crush, opening chords of Fugazi, one of the best feelings I've ever had standing up :D

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 pm

zazabi wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote:, I live for these moments . :D

. I have found myself thinking exactly the same thing many times especially for instance during fantastic gigs that I've been to.
Funny that! I'm not the only sad person about then lol


Music makes me cry too! :oops: :) - Sometimes a lyric, sometimes a melody. Can never quite put my finger on why this happens on particular songs, but it does quite often. Not a bad thing though, being emotionally moved.

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:& The Waterboys song "The hosting of the shee"


That is a bloody great track Andy! Very atmospheric. :)

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:35 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Can never quite put my finger on why this happens on particular songs

Because it works on our emotions you softy :jester: ;)
You associate what you hear with your own prior experience. You relate to a particular significant episode of your life.

It's funny something similar happens with smells...but not in the same way. Funny how it can also bring you back 20 odd years ago in a nanosecond.
Thanked: 2

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Hope the big man comes back to this thread , there has to be a song in this ;).

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 pm

zazabi wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:Can never quite put my finger on why this happens on particular songs

Because it works on our emotions you softy :jester: ;)
You associate what you hear with your own prior experience. You relate to a particular significant episode of your life.

It's funny something similar happens with smells...but not in the same way. Funny how it can also bring you back 20 odd years ago in a nanosecond.


I know they work on our emotions, but what I'm saying is that it must be something of an art, as a songwriter, to try and do that.

There is a good thread in this somewhere. :? :)
Next

Full Version