Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: Got a little emotional listening to the Leamington CD

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:45 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I know they work on our emotions, but what I'm saying is that it must be something of an art, as a songwriter, to try and do that.

There is a good thread in this somewhere. :? :)

Sure, and for me Fugazi is the reference. I am just fascinated at how Fish uses allegories to convey these emotions.
He's a master of words and metaphors, a Genius! :D

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm

A good thread in this somewhere .....

Thanks mate :evil:

shape within the Walkman where the halo of distortion, aural contraceptive aborting pregnant conversation,

But better than 'blurred lines' :D

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Oh, and talking of emotions, I'm a little bit in love with Isabelle ;) :D

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:54 pm

sussexsaint wrote:A good thread in this somewhere .....

Thanks mate :evil:

shape within the Walkman where the halo of distortion, aural contraceptive aborting pregnant conversation,

But better than 'blurred lines' :D

Haha :lol: - No offence. I meant a new thread specifically about the emotional aspect of music and what triggers it.

Agree with the comments about Fish being a master of metaphor, but he is also a master of the plain and simple. - See Cliché for evidence.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 am

sussexsaint wrote:Oh, and talking of emotions, I'm a little bit in love with Isabelle ;) :D

:o :lol:

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:52 am

Although the lyrics are astonishing, and I rarely use any other artists lyrics to prove the point that most popular musics lyrics are facile to the point of being painful, its usually a keyboard chord or a guitar solo that sends me over the edge emotion wise.

And Isabelle, just to reassure I'm not a weird stalker guy, honest. :D , no seriously I'm not. I have a certificate and everything.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:46 pm

sussexsaint wrote:Although the lyrics are astonishing, and I rarely use any other artists lyrics to prove the point that most popular musics lyrics are facile to the point of being painful, its usually a keyboard chord or a guitar solo that sends me over the edge emotion wise.

And Isabelle, just to reassure I'm not a weird stalker guy, honest. :D , no seriously I'm not. I have a certificate and everything.

I was starting to think this was the "Plenty of fish" not "The Company" ;-)

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:08 pm

:lol:

As said the music makes emotions run high ;)

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:01 pm

sussexsaint wrote:Oh, and talking of emotions, I'm a little bit in love with Isabelle ;) :D

Isabelle is only his stage name. He's actually a six foot five inch rugby player with a big beard.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:02 pm

arcademannequin wrote:

Isabelle is only his stage name. He's actually a six foot five inch rugby player with a big beard.

...and three legged....
Next

Full Version