Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey all, Brian May has tweeted that the Classic Rock awards highlights will be shown on TV this Saturday on Sky Arts.

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:29 am

I thought to post also the Classic Rock Magazine's list of the Songs of the Year 2013 to this thread.

High Wood is on the sixth place!! :D :D

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/feat ... ar-top-50/
Thanked: 2

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 am

JohnSReid wrote:Hey all, Brian May has tweeted that the Classic Rock awards highlights will be shown on TV this Saturday on Sky Arts.


Will look forward to watching that :D

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:32 am

Lauri wrote:I thought to post also the Classic Rock Magazine's list of the Songs of the Year 2013 to this thread.

High Wood is on the sixth place!! :D :D

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/feat ... ar-top-50/

Some great songs in there, especially nice to see Stonesour, a great band (the better side of Slipknot)
But for me personally Fish's High wood was the best of this years songs followed closely by Dream Theater 8-) ;)

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Well having watched it last night I can honestly say how disappointed I was, not because of Fish as host, although I would'nt be surprised if he had major backache afterwards due to him having to crouch to half his height to reach the microphone !!!!!!!!
But with it only being an hour long, that everything was edited to seem so rushed to squeeze in all the F****n adverts that we never got to see Fish much :( I'm sure on the evening he would have added some entertainment value like he does in between songs when you see him live .

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:Well having watched it last night I can honestly say how disappointed I was, not because of Fish as host, although I would'nt be surprised if he had major backache afterwards due to him having to crouch to half his height to reach the microphone !!!!!!!!
But with it only being an hour long, that everything was edited to seem so rushed to squeeze in all the F****n adverts that we never got to see Fish much :( I'm sure on the evening he would have added some entertainment value like he does in between songs when you see him live .

Mmm. That's a real shame as he must have entertained the audience for sure.
Still I'll try to catch it up on you tube when it's available.

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 am

It was OK for what it was I suppose. I thought Fish did a very good job (but Andy is right about the ridiculous height of that pulpit thing!! :o ).

They were more bothered about showing as much as possible of that blonde bimbo schmoozing all over the celebs. Do we really need that? :x

Quite impressed with Zakk Wilde's piano playing and singing though! 8-)

Re: Classic Rock Awards Highlights on TV

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 am

Andyboy67 wrote:Well having watched it last night I can honestly say how disappointed I was, not because of Fish as host, although I would'nt be surprised if he had major backache afterwards due to him having to crouch to half his height to reach the microphone !!!!!!!!
But with it only being an hour long, that everything was edited to seem so rushed to squeeze in all the F****n adverts that we never got to see Fish much :( I'm sure on the evening he would have added some entertainment value like he does in between songs when you see him live .

I've got to say that the first thing I thought was, "Did they not realise how tall Fish is?!"
Yeah it was rushed, and some awards were left out - we didn't see Steve Wilson, Steve Hackett, Marillion and others collect awards - they seemed to just focus on the big act awards - or maybe just the awards that were sponsored (if you're being cynical).

Full Version