Heres the place to talk about Fish in general

Re: Where do I go from here?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 am

welcome Lemon ;)

if you like "vigil" you will certainly love "sunsets on empire","13th star" and of course "feast".....the contrary would be surprising :)
8-)

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 am

brother 95 wrote:welcome Lemon ;)

if you like "vigil" you will certainly love "sunsets on empire","13th star" and of course "feast".....the contrary would be surprising :)
8-)

Not necessarily, i love Vigil but can't stand Sunsets, Fish's weakest album for me, whereas I love the others mentioned, though i don't think 13th Star has much in common musically with Vigil so i also doubt liking one will lead to another, the best bet might well be to get something like Bouillabaisse or Kettle of Fish is ridiculously cheap in the Fish shop and then you can see what songs you like and trace them back to the album they're from and then try that.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:28 am

jester1470 wrote:

8-)

Not necessarily, i love Vigil but can't stand Sunsets, Fish's weakest album for me, whereas I love the others mentioned, though i don't think 13th Star has much in common musically with Vigil so i also doubt liking one will lead to another, the best bet might well be to get something like Bouillabaisse or Kettle of Fish is ridiculously cheap in the Fish shop and then you can see what songs you like and trace them back to the album they're from and then try that.

I love Sunsets! Joint second favourite for me. - Just shows that you can't really group albums together and say 'You will like this, this and this' - I think all of Fish's albums have been very different musically, which obviously stems from having different band members and writing partners throughout the years. I kind of like that. You never quite know what you're going to get.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 am

arcademannequin wrote:
jester1470 wrote:

8-)

I love Sunsets! Joint second favourite for me. - Just shows that you can't really group albums together and say 'You will like this, this and this' - I think all of Fish's albums have been very different musically, which obviously stems from having different band members and writing partners throughout the years. I kind of like that. You never quite know what you're going to get.[/quote]

That is so true Paul. And I think it is born out in the mixed genre's of music we all listen too. I might love Marillion/Fish which alot of people consider as progressive rock yet I listen to no other artists considered so except Pink Floyd.

Full Version