And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Please read this thread and look at Fish's answers to find out if your question has already been asked. If it hasn't, please add it at the end of this topic by clicking the "Post reply" button.
When Fish answers a question, this thread will be locked temporarily while the question and answer are moved into a new topic. If this thread is locked, please wait a moment or two and then try again.
If you have more than one question to ask, please make more than one post so that Fish can quote your question with an answer.
When a question has been answered and is in a new topic, please don't ask another question below that - use this thread.

Could I please ask everyone to take note of the fact that this topic is only for asking Fish a question.

If you want to add a comment, please do so AFTER Fish has answered or in another thread, not this one. The questions and answers will be split into new topics very quickly so please wait until they've been separated.

If you want to answer someone's question, please do so by private message to them. Questions have been asked here for Fish to answer.

This might sound a bit strict (sorry! :oops: ) but please consider that Fish reads through for questions to answer and has to trawl through chatter to find them! Also, members have taken the time to add a question only to see it disappear into the distance. Please be considerate!

Comments and chatter will be deleted from this thread from now on. Thanks everyone! :hatoff:

Edited by the Union team - thanks for the first post, Andriyt!

Re: Banal Questions :)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Do you hate Rangers and Celtic more than Hearts? :D

Dislike :D

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

well, I don't mean just to ask. it's not a joke. it's not a game. it's a topic for rookies like me. and I really wanna know who the "suits" are. ;) tell me please.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 pm

"Suits" is usually the nickname given to managerial and "white collar" workers.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm

thanks. now Fish's "war with the suits" is understandable. it's not easy to live at the centre of nowhere. :)

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:34 pm

maybe we should retitle the thread "those simple things you wanted to know about Fish but were always too shy to ask?" :?:

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 pm

nice idea. certainly it would be better than current version.

Re: All you ever wanted to ask about Fish but were too shy to..

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 pm

there you go.. I couldn't do the full renaming as there is alimit on the length of a title... but this was the best I could come up with.. хорошо?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 am

Mo wrote:"Suits" is usually the nickname given to managerial and "white collar" workers.

I always got the feeling that Fish was being a bit more specific than that. "Suits" meaning the anonymous bureaucrats and petty decision makers that exert their "power" in small but mean ways to make other peoples' lives more difficult. "Jobsworths" in other words.... :x

I could be wrong of course! ;)

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 am

Conan wrote:
Mo wrote:"Suits" is usually the nickname given to managerial and "white collar" workers.

I always got the feeling that Fish was being a bit more specific than that. "Suits" meaning the anonymous beaurocrats and petty decision makers that exert their "power" in small but mean ways to make other peoples' lives more difficult. "Jobsworths" in other words.... :x

I could be wrong of course! ;)

I wear a suit to work :? but he's not referring to me cos I don't exert my power (and I am very important ;) ) and I'm definitely not mean - my boss recently told me I had to stop being so approachable and learn to be more challenging. Personally I just try to be nice to everyone :D
Next

Full Version