And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Please read this thread and look at Fish's answers to find out if your question has already been asked. If it hasn't, please add it at the end of this topic by clicking the "Post reply" button.
When Fish answers a question, this thread will be locked temporarily while the question and answer are moved into a new topic. If this thread is locked, please wait a moment or two and then try again.
If you have more than one question to ask, please make more than one post so that Fish can quote your question with an answer.
When a question has been answered and is in a new topic, please don't ask another question below that - use this thread.

Could I please ask everyone to take note of the fact that this topic is only for asking Fish a question.

If you want to add a comment, please do so AFTER Fish has answered or in another thread, not this one. The questions and answers will be split into new topics very quickly so please wait until they've been separated.

If you want to answer someone's question, please do so by private message to them. Questions have been asked here for Fish to answer.

This might sound a bit strict (sorry! :oops: ) but please consider that Fish reads through for questions to answer and has to trawl through chatter to find them! Also, members have taken the time to add a question only to see it disappear into the distance. Please be considerate!

Comments and chatter will be deleted from this thread from now on. Thanks everyone! :hatoff:

Edited by the Union team - thanks for the first post, Andriyt!

So, an autobiography?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Fish, been a fan since the 80's, only just got online! :D

So, as a newbie, I've been scanning the boards and keep seeing vague mentions of books being written but no definative answers (unless I missed something important), so I'd like to ask if you're planning to put out your autobiography? I mean, every other bugger is doing it and none of them have your gift with words. Thats a book I would love to read, genuinlely and sincerely!

Also, as someone only getting up to date with the bad stuff in your personal life, can I just say how sorry I am, really hope things are heading in an upwards direction, you have an army of fans, here's one more recruit!

All the best,

Kev

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I know that there is a Mark Wilkinson book of art work.

Have you ever considered a book of your lyrics (perhaps selected ones or it might end up as a biblical sized tome) with some kind of interwoven story in the form of pictures?

Might make a nice coffee table piece!

The only example of this kind of thing is Stephen King and the pop-up version of one of his novels. (The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon).

Just with the amount of stories that you tell through your songs and the great art that accompanies the albums there could be an opening in the book world.............

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Bonjour Fish,

I was wondering what your thoughts were about Scotland's Independance referendum???

Merci.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I have been a fan of yours since I heard a live version of Fugazi on a cassette of a schoolmate in Austria in 1991 or so. Another friend of mine had both Script and Fugazi CDs, and i kept listening to these over and over feeling sorry for myself - puberty ;-). But - I kept listening to your music as i grew older. I rediscovered you again when i came across 13th star on amazon. I really like it - especially Zoe25. It´s great that you never sold out, wouldn´t work out anyway i guess. Now my Question - would you ever come to Vienna for a concert? I think once were in 2001 but I missed you ;-). Cheers and deepest respect for your inspiration.

Touring with a Past Album.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 am

Hi Fish,

Would you ever consider doing another Tour with a back catalogue album, either a Solo one or a Marillion one?
If so which one would it be?

Many thanks for all the great Music!!! :D

Graham.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I noticed that Marillion has no US (RIAA) certifications.
How many sales did the main 4 albums get in the US and did you guys try to "conquer" that country back then or did you just not bother?
I know some bands like U2 or Genesis clearly wanted the USA, probably because it pays off a lot (big purchasing crowd). What about Marillion in their prime?

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello dad,
I was upset by being excluded from the racket forum several times being one of their customers but now I'm pleased they have shown their true colours, such a relief not having to pander to every silly little re-release of the 'nth live version of whatever. I was wondering if you feel the same sense of liberation that I do now from being excused from their casual dictatorship.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Fish,

Just wondering, when you do have some spare time away from touring and writing an album etc... have you or do you ever go to watch any groups/bands LIVE in concert ? or maybe you have had special invites from bands over the years to go and meet up with them when they are playing a venue! if so which ones and where ? :)

Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Clutching At Straws interview…

I have to admit this interview comment has always nagged at me, I never pictured your former band mates as moral guardians!!???How on earth did this particular conversation/band meeting with you go?

Mark Kelly: “It's not a subject that we felt Fish should be talking about in the first person, so he invented this third-person character”

http://www.innerviews.org/inner/marillion1.html

Sun May 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi Fish,
I remember a long time ago now you talking about taking Tara to see the Spice Girls. The question is, whilst obviously you would have been only too willing to please your then young daughter, how did you really cope having to endure such a show?
The reason I ask is that in a fit of madness I have shelled out a ridiculous ammount to take my wee girl to see One Direction ( I can hear the Company heckling now ) at Murrayfield next year. Any advice on how to cope ( maybe a hip flask ) would be most welcome.

Chers, Lawrie.
Next

Full Version