And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Please read this thread and look at Fish's answers to find out if your question has already been asked. If it hasn't, please add it at the end of this topic by clicking the "Post reply" button.
When Fish answers a question, this thread will be locked temporarily while the question and answer are moved into a new topic. If this thread is locked, please wait a moment or two and then try again.
If you have more than one question to ask, please make more than one post so that Fish can quote your question with an answer.
When a question has been answered and is in a new topic, please don't ask another question below that - use this thread.

Could I please ask everyone to take note of the fact that this topic is only for asking Fish a question.

If you want to add a comment, please do so AFTER Fish has answered or in another thread, not this one. The questions and answers will be split into new topics very quickly so please wait until they've been separated.

If you want to answer someone's question, please do so by private message to them. Questions have been asked here for Fish to answer.

This might sound a bit strict (sorry! :oops: ) but please consider that Fish reads through for questions to answer and has to trawl through chatter to find them! Also, members have taken the time to add a question only to see it disappear into the distance. Please be considerate!

Comments and chatter will be deleted from this thread from now on. Thanks everyone! :hatoff:

Edited by the Union team - thanks for the first post, Andriyt!

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 am

There's something on Vigil that's always intrigued me and maybe there's enough water under the bridge now...
The Hill is a reference to the negative side of capitalism and commercial gain. A lot of the concepts behind this were written with Marillion.
On the albums acknowledgments Fish thanks Marillion for showing him the Hill. Is this a genuine thanks for the development of the concept of the album or a comment on the relationship between what the hill represents and the breakdown of the band?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Fish

I've heard that you were chosen to be in Mel Gibson's "Braveheart" movie;is it true and why didn't you act in it ? did it coincide with an album release?
and another question if you may:why don't you make more movies as an actor ?(I saw you in "the jacket" and I found you quite good in your role,even if it was a little one ;) )

thanks for answering and all my best :)

Anthony,the frenchie :D
8-)

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, Fish... now, after the awfully sad death of Iain Banks (gone WAY too soon) I've been on a bit of a re-read of his stuff and after getting hold of one of my favourite books of his, ESPEDAIR STREET, something tickled the back of my memory... I seem to recall that you were interested in getting the rights to this book? In view of playing the leading role of Danny Wier? Did that happen or was it just a rumour? Bearing in mind I also once read a rumour that Marillion were supposed to do the soundtrack to HIGHLANDER... :mrgreen:

If it's true, you would have been great in that role...

Can I just say that if any of you are looking for some great holiday reads, get hold of some of Mr Banks' books. You won't be disappointed.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Fish
Some time ago I was talking with my friend about Misplaced Childhood. In her interpretation a boy from the cover of album is young Jester. I'm not really sure and it would be great if You could resolve our doubts.
thanks for anwser, all my best ;)
Aleksander

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Fish

last night in Paris,you said (in fact you promised :D ) that you will be back in 2014;do you already know if it will happen or is it a wish?
by the way,the set in "le divan du monde" was so great and thanks again for taking the time to sign some albums of mine before the show in the café around the corner of the street ;) (you probably don't remember me but I was the big bald guy with beard,just like you in fact ;) )
the songs of your last album are amazing playing live:very emotional and the version of "mr1470" was stunning :o :very groovy!

all the best ;)

Anthony
8-)

Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:22 am

Hi
Do you find it easy to share your emotions? I mean mainly through song.
You have have been very honest and the emotion is so `raw' in many of your songs. To me it is very brave to be that honest and lucky for us.thanks.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello Fish,

you have played and got to know so many bands in the 80s so here are my questions.

1) What is your favourite 80's band?
2) What is your favourite 80's album?
3) What is the greatest 80's live band (you played with or saw live yourself)

Thanks!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Just been listening to Tales From The Big Bus and noted the intro to Internal Exile ( the time of the Referendum - Yes, Yes vote). Do you still view Internal Exile as a tale of how "dreams can come true" and how do you see things pre and post 18th September 2014?

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:47 pm

hi there can you answer me this please...
Would it offend you if your fans were to dress in marillion era costumes at your present day concerts?
fast running out of time if it doesn't!!
looking forward to seeing you at THE FLEECE XX

Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Fish,

I have a very blunt question: would it be possible to meet you outside of the convention on August 23rd?
We already planned our holiday in Scotland (we're Dutch) for this year, and have made reservations for tickets for the Edinburgh Tattoo (which are quite expensive and quickly sell out), on the same date. Since we can't reschedule these (and already bought them in December, when no convention date was known), and would REALLY like to meet you, I was wondering if it would be possible to see you at maybe Sunday 24th or Monday 25th? Those are our last days in Scotland, we leave by boat on Monday evening.

If you'd consider this I'd be very happy!
Maybe it'd be best if you mail me at my private mail instead of on this forum? The webmaster must have it for you.

Bye,
Mirjam

Full Version