And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - Marillion

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:35 am

Hi Fish!

I don't know what are the reasons why you decided to start your solo career. I would like so much to make you two questions:

1) Do you keep in touch with some Marillion member since you left the band?
2) What do you think about their music from Season's End to Hapiness is the Road? (of course, if you have listened their albuns at least once).

Best regards, take care!

Re: Asking Questions after 1988

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

L.F.Carvalho wrote:Hi Fish!

I don't know what are the reasons why you decided to start your solo career. I would like so much to make you two questions:

1) Do you keep in touch with some Marillion member since you left the band?
2) What do you think about their music from Season's End to Hapiness is the Road? (of course, if you have listened their albuns at least once).

Best regards, take care!

Hi,

Mark and I are in irregular contact and I occasionally talk to Ian.

The animosity after the split and the bitter rivalry of the late 80's has long gone and we were able, after quite a few years, to reflect differently on the circumstances and reasons for the parting of the ways.

We have all matured and changed as individuals but still have strong and fond memories of the early years which gave us all so much.

The geography doesn't lend itself to much contact but we do catch up with each other on tours when we can and if I am in the neighbourhoods I put in a call.

As I said a lot of water has gone under the bridge and we all have families and different lives these days.
A friendship like we had never really goes away but it was sorely tested.
And the fact that we are still friends shows how strong it really is.

Our problem is that everytime there is public contact or we appear together at a function the inevitable and boring question arises re any reunion.

I don't need to repeat the answer to that as it has been well documented.

RE their material in all honesty I am not that well acquainted with it. KT knows it better than I do! :)

After "Seasons End" I didn't listen to it much and over the years what I am aware of is completely different from the direction I chose to take.

I think that more than anything declares the state of the reunion! ;)

What they do they do very well but it's not something I am a fan of.

yours diplomatically

Onkel Fish :)

Re: Fish's answer - Marillion

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi Fish,

I was talking to a friend of mine about your answers, we are your fans, and we would like so much to make you some new questions about music. It's a great curiosity... Oh, we were born in Brazil!

1) What bands and musicians have you listened nowadays?
2) What bands and musicians have you listened in your entire life?
3) Do you know or do you listen some brazilian musician or band?

Thanks for your time and attention!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Fish!

Good to hear you are on speaking terms again with old friends. A magpie in a rainbow is very happy to read your answers, this question was long on my mind. The Childhoods'End was a remarkable era and I never did really understand what went wrong. Of coure in my childhoods dreamz I never had heard of royalties, managers etc. etc. You will be on tour again so we will meet somewhere in the future. Will always be on your hand. Wishing you all the best and don't hesitate to visite Holland again. You are more then welcome even if a right wing government tries to destroy our heritage. They will leave eventually. Your music is for ever. Like Stuart Adamson once wrote: "You learned me to fly, without wings". Take care Fish.

X Inabigcountry

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

inabigcountry wrote:Hi Fish!

Good to hear you are on speaking terms again with old friends. A magpie in a rainbow is very happy to read your answers, this question was long on my mind. The Childhoods'End was a remarkable era and I never did really understand what went wrong. Of coure in my childhoods dreamz I never had heard of royalties, managers etc. etc. You will be on tour again so we will meet somewhere in the future. Will always be on your hand. Wishing you all the best and don't hesitate to visite Holland again. You are more then welcome even if a right wing government tries to destroy our heritage. They will leave eventually. Your music is for ever. Like Stuart Adamson once wrote: "You learned me to fly, without wings". Take care Fish.

X Inabigcountry

Stuart Adamson = Legend. - Check out the Big Country thread in Other Bands. Feel free to add any vids and thoughts! :D

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

A legend! geez Fish why not heading for Belfast on my birthday and play with them! Mike and Jamie will love it just like Bruce, Mark & Tony! Thx you are a magpie in a rainbow.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 am

The last good Marillion album is Seasons End. If Fish stayed with the band for their next record (1989), it would be masterpiece. I have the remastered version of Clutching At Straws (2 CDs) and the demos in CD 2 are incredible! Fish, you are great artist!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 pm

With the greatest respect,I think the 'Brave' and 'Afraid of Sunlight' albums are excellent,though I still think the Fish-era Marillion is the definitive one :)

Full Version