And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - who was Kayleigh?

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Dear Fish,

I was just watching the dvd, EMI singles collection when the question came up.
In the Kayleigh clip we all know that your ex-wife played the role of Kayleigh.
Now I ones heared that the woman in the lady Nina clip was Kay, the girl you had in mind when you wrote Kayleigh.
Is that true?

haha, well it's one off the things I wonderd all those years

xxx Nonnes

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:39 pm

nonnes was'nt that woman in the lady nina clip fish's ex wife tammara. i think she appred in the clips for kayliegh , gentlemans excuse me and lady let it lie as well . ( though i could be wrong about gentlemans excuse me )

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:53 pm

No, I think its a different women, when I look at her. But........?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:24 pm

nonnes wrote:Dear Fish,

I was just watching the dvd, EMI singles collection when the question came up.
In the Kayleigh clip we all know that your ex-wife played the role of Kayleigh.
Now I ones heared that the woman in the lady Nina clip was Kay, the girl you had in mind when you wrote Kayleigh.
Is that true?

haha, well it's one off the things I wonderd all those years

xxx Nonnes

Hi

Kayleigh was written in the main about Kay, my then ex girlfriend.

When we came to shooting the video in Berlin I had met Tamara and was trying to find a way to get together with her.
When we were planning the shoot the band thought it "inappropriate" when I suggested Tamara and together with the director we chose two German models from a portfolio we'd been given from an agency to play the part, deciding which one on the actual day off the shoot.

At around 6 am when we were setting up the first shots involving the "chalk hearts" and me walking about we got a call saying that one of the models had gone down with food poisoning and the other had broken her ankle falling down stairs.

We had no female character.

I suggested Tamara and as we had no real choice at this stage she was tracked down and agreed to do it.
I admit to having my own personal agenda :oops:

And that boys and girls is how I got a chance to chat up the person who would become my first wife.
The true rock star line of "Do you want to be in my video" :lol:

It wasn't quite like the portrayal of events by my ex wife in the News of the World article ;)

Just like David Coverdale found out, it didn't have a happy ending! :lol:

Tamara was also in "Lady Nina", "Lady Let it Lie" and "A Gentleman's Excuse Me".
All as it turned out quite lyrically apt to some degree or another :D

It's quite ironic that I now have to watch my ex wife playing the part of my ex girlfriend for the rest of my life on video on MTV classics or whatever. The only salvation being is that I get paid a royalty from it. :D

Onkel Fish

Re: Fish's answer - who was Kayleigh?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 am

Hi Fish,
DonĀ“t know why but never saw your answer on my question before today.
Thanks for answering it.

Never saw it was the same girl in those two videos.

xxx Nonnes
Great news by the way about the touring, the new upcomming album and the book!
Something to look forward to

Re: Fish's answer - who was Kayleigh?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 am

many thanks for explain us about Kayleigh and Tamara...it was fun to read all about that expecially this one :

It's quite ironic that I now have to watch my ex wife playing the part of my ex girlfriend for the rest of my life on video on MTV classics or whatever. The only salvation being is that I get paid a royalty from it. :D

:)

a greeting and a hug

Full Version