And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - Still Marillion

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 am

Howdi folks - first time poster.

I am going to the Still Marillion gig in March in glasgow having seen them last year.

My quetion to Fish, is what does he think of them and would he consider doing a secret guest appearance on the night.

Re: Still Marillion in Glasgow March 27th

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Davo wrote:Howdi folks - first time poster.

I am going to the Still Marillion gig in March in glasgow having seen them last year.

My quetion to Fish, is what does he think of them and would he consider doing a secret guest appearance on the night.

I think that was the band I saw in Glasgow myself on the day we played the Academy or was that the one I saw in Edinburgh - or were they the same? I can't remember.

Anyway

The tribute bands I've seen have been pretty good and the one in Glasgow was quite creepy to watch as the between track banter and the "throwaways" in the songs were spot on.

The music was pretty faultless and gave me a weird sense of Deja Vu in moments.

I must take my daughter along to see one of the bands sometime and then maybe get up for a song - as long as the keys are taken way down :D

Onkel Fish

Re: Fish's answer - Still Marillion

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 am

Will have to make sure I'm at that gig!! 8-)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Fish wrote:

I think that was the band I saw in Glasgow myself on the day we played the Academy or was that the one I saw in Edinburgh - or were they the same? I can't remember.

Anyway

The tribute bands I've seen have been pretty good and the one in Glasgow was quite creepy to watch as the between track banter and the "throwaways" in the songs were spot on.

I must take my daughter along to see one of the bands sometime and then maybe get up for a song - as long as the keys are taken way down :D

Onkel Fish

That was Forgotten Sons more recent line-up with Rich Harding on Vocals, I think you saw them previously when Martin was the singer (didn't you shout for Grendel?)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm

tosh wrote:
Fish wrote:

Anyway

Onkel Fish

That was Forgotten Sons more recent line-up with Rich Harding on Vocals, I think you saw them previously when Martin was the singer (didn't you shout for Grendel?)

Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: wot a loser :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 pm

tosh wrote:
Fish wrote:

Anyway

Onkel Fish

The Glasgow gig Fish attended was indeed an incarnation of Forgotten Sons with Rich on vocals. The Edinburgh gig Fish attended a few years back was also a Forgotten Sons gig (when I was their singer), during which he not only shouted out for Grendel, but also shouted out for "Marbles". It was a great night. :D

Fish - if you fancy coming along to the StillMarillion gig in Glasgow at the end of March, you'd of course be very welcome.

Cheers,
Martin, StillMarillion.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Looking Forward to it. Taking my daughter whos been converted and been to the last couple of the big mans gigs. :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply to my original post.

If you do decide to turn up (here's hoping) and join in, how about starting the night off with Pseudo Silk Kimono!

When you next tour, I would love to hear the Ying/ Yang version of sugar Mice - you did an accoustic set back in the 1990 in a load of HMV stores - I saw you in Cardiff and you did Sugar Mice there which is still my favourite ever live performance of a son by anyone.

Can't wait for the gig.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Anyone know when Still Marillion are next playing in Glasgow?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Next Gig I think is Edinburgh

30 Oct 2010 20:00
Cabaret Voltaire Edinburgh, Scotland , GB
Next

Full Version