And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - any 'Fellini' moments

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 pm

hi fish,
as a huge fan of the fellini days album/live album i would be interested to know of any 'fellini' moments in the recording process or on tour.
For me the album has a beautiful hazy feel to it and the live album reeks of energy and a band playing clearly in the zone.

thanks......rik.

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 pm

rik wrote:hi fish,
as a huge fan of the fellini days album/live album i would be interested to know of any 'fellini' moments in the recording process or on tour.
For me the album has a beautiful hazy feel to it and the live album reeks of energy and a band playing clearly in the zone.

thanks......rik.

Hi Rik

Far, far far too many to mention!

The "mobile buzz" at the end of "Our Smile" was from when I sang and recorded the track live down the phone to my then girlfriend Sarah as my marriage had broken up and we were embarking on an affair as the divorce from my first wife was ongoing and I was sleeping in the "residential block".

The lyrics to "Long Cold Day" and "Clock Moves Sideways" provide an idea or perspective from one side of that relationship.

It was a difficult time for all concerned and very much a dramatic Yin and Yang experience.

My wife was in the house on the night it was being recorded and we were holed up in the studio ,it was all very "Secret Squirrel" :shock:

Glad you like the album, it always brings me back a lot of memories :)

listened to it as a whole recently and forgot how good it was,

I only wish Calum Malcolm had recorded it as, with no disrespect intended to Elliot Ness, it would have been very different!

love

Onkel Fish x

Re: Fish's answer - any 'Fellini' moments

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 am

Interesting moments indeed,i still listen to the album alot.....my pal is also a fellow fan,when he first heard fellini days he didnt like it at all.....now its his fav album!!other friends of mine who arent fans like the album as well,i had tickets for the glasgow gig but could'nt get over from belfast.

Such a great album,i have just become a dad for the first time,so when i get the chance i'm gona run a hot bath and a few hot whiskys and listen to the album from start to finish.................

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

I always felt it didn't have enough sausages :)

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm

I would love the see it Fellini Days remixed/remastered someday.Bottom end always was a bit muddy in my humble opinion.I love the songs,but found myself enjoying the live mixes far more than studio versions. Peace,George P.S. Really loved hearing "Clock Moves Sideways" & "Pilgrim's Address" at last covention. B.T.W. I picked up a second hand copy of Fellini Days while on holiday in Denmark that I never saw elsewhere.Chocalate Frog release BUT with EFA Bonus listed as a second record label ?? It has five bonus tracks from Songs From The Mirror on the backend bringing total tracks to fourteen ?? I bought while riding a bike through Christiania in Copenhagen. 8-)

Full Version