And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - Tai Chi

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

hi fish,

glad you you're giving Tai Chi a try......just wondering what style you're practicing?

I teach Yang style within the Seven Stars School of Taijiquan. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to teach the Martial side of it very often since most people are wanting the more medatative side for health and mobility. Also I get some really strange looks from the neighbours when I go out into the back garden to practice the weapons forms..... :lol: .....hopefully my new abode will have a more enclosed garden... :D

hope you enjoy being a Tai Chi player.... your instructor is right about giving it time.....but a good sense of humour really helps.......

Take care,
Auds

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm

jinpa wrote:hi fish,

glad you you're giving Tai Chi a try......just wondering what style you're practicing?

I teach Yang style within the Seven Stars School of Taijiquan. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to teach the Martial side of it very often since most people are wanting the more medatative side for health and mobility. Also I get some really strange looks from the neighbours when I go out into the back garden to practice the weapons forms..... :lol: .....hopefully my new abode will have a more enclosed garden... :D

hope you enjoy being a Tai Chi player.... your instructor is right about giving it time.....but a good sense of humour really helps.......

Take care,
Auds

Hi Auds

I am learning Wu,long form and am currently having my brain fried with the "eight brocades" ;)

It's really hard to remember all the moves and keeping posture/ breathing and stance together while trying to relax and just enjoy it! :)

It's all a bit confusing just now but I have been told it will take eight weeks to settle down and not think about the procedures.

It's pretty intimidating.

I do really like it though and want to move into weapons eventually.

If only to deal with cabbage white butterflies in a serene manner! :D

love

Onkel Fish x

Re: Fish's answer - Tai Chi

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Onkel Fish,
thanks for the reply......not sure that the cabbage white will appreciate your 'serenity' but I'm sure any audience you have will very appreciative of your fluid movements..... :D ....you might even be able to swap the racket for the flat of a sabre soon..... ;)

The Brocade will come in time.....however I do sympathise with the breathing/posture/stance co-ordination.....as an Instructor I always have a wonderful insight as to the student's mental processes by the expression on their faces.....can even tell when they begin to 'question my parentage' under their breath when I ask them to 'hold that posture'...... :lol:

I also teach 3 of the sets of Daoyin exercises for general health, heart, bone and sinew, still trying to come to terms with the lung form though.......may take some time ..... :? .....but you have to smile at the names of some of the moves e,g. clumsy child does the washing.....!

Hope to see some of your moves on stage sometime...... :D

take care,
Auds

p.s. Square Go is wonderful for the sabre form...!

Full Version