And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - favourite Fish-era Marillion song

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Can you pick your overall favourite Fish-era Marillion song? ;)

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:46 pm

dazed wrote:Can you pick your overall favourite Fish-era Marillion song? ;)

Probably "Incubus"

It's dramatic, sexy, has a number of typical intricate,sweeping and powerful majestic Marillo movements that combine to give a great dynamic, tension, tenderness and a dark side that is a curve and a half to perform even today.

All wrapped up in 10 minutes or so! :D

It stood the test of time well and I think is the best example of a Fish era Marillion epic as a stand alone track.

The album version on "Fugazi" doesn't do it justice but live and solo era there have been some terrific versions .

and it was so much fun in 94 with the silhouettes 8-)

love

Onkel Fish x

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Fish wrote:
dazed wrote:Can you pick your overall favourite Fish-era Marillion song? ;)

Probably "Incubus"

It's dramatic, sexy, has a number of typical intricate,sweeping and powerful majestic Marillo movements that combine to give a great dynamic, tension, tenderness and a dark side that is a curve and a half to perform even today.

All wrapped up in 10 minutes or so! :D

It stood the test of time well and I think is the best example of a Fish era Marillion epic as a stand alone track.

The album version on "Fugazi" doesn't do it justice but live and solo era there have been some terrific versions .

and it was so much fun in 94 with the silhouettes 8-)

love

Onkel Fish x

Got to agree with you there Fish, "Incubus" is also my all time fav Marillion track, some of the live versions I have heard are stunning, a very powerful song :-)
S.

Re: Fish's answer - favourite Fish-era Marillion song

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah i agree, Incubus is my favourite with Fugazi coming a close second, both these songs when sung live are amazing.

Thu May 12, 2011 10:44 am

Well, I haven't heard that song for years, but reading these forums has sparked a nostalgic trawl through some old music , and I am really quite blown away by the track, and LOVE the way it starts as reggae!
Great lyrics, love the performances and the very subtle touches like the backing vocals.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Reggae??? :shock: :lol:

Incubus was always one of my favourite Marillion tracks. :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:42 pm

I always thought Just for the Record had a bit of a Reggae groove to it.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Note to self: never ask a Fish-fan for a definition of a genre... :lol:

Full Version