And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Are the 'three F's' writing during the tour?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am

Having really enjoyed the Hykeham and York gigs I wondered if Fish, Frank and Foss were doing any writing for a new album while they're touring as the acoustic trio? If so, it would certainly be interesting to hear what they come up with especially as the set is currently more weighted towards Vigil, Suits and other tracks that either Frank or Foss have co-written. Would it be more of a 'classic' Fish sound / feel after the darker / rockier 13th Star? I've loved the acoustic shows and would love to know if some new material might find its way into the set.

Ed

Re: Are the 'three F's' writing during the tour?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

It seems that they are trying out new arrangements of songs they havent played acoustically before -
Fugazi and Willin' by Little Feat being two examples.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

Hi all,

we are just enjoying playing just now and getting to grips with the format, rediscovering older songs and relishing having fun on stage.

There have been a few jam type moments at soundcheck and I am sure that as we get into the German touring in November there will be crystals of ideas begin to form and grow as we will be together for three weeks rather than just three days :D

I really don't anticipate having any new material in performance shape until next year but you never know. ;)

The sets will change as other material pops into the "ideas tray" and the more we play around the more inspired we become.

At the moment I am just enjoying singing and performing again.
It was a long time away from stage and there was a point where I did think I might never be back.

I am just grateful that I can still do what I love doing

Judging from the general reviews and response we are receiving it seems everyone is getting off on the this format and I intend to keep this going for quite a while with discussions already taking place for a North and South American tour next Spring.

It's a completely different approach and I want to follow the direction and see where it takes us. :D

Thanks for being with me on the journey ;)

Onkel Fish x

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:22 am

Fish wrote:Hi all,

we are just enjoying playing just now and getting to grips with the format, rediscovering older songs and relishing having fun on stage.

There have been a few jam type moments at soundcheck and I am sure that as we get into the German touring in November there will be crystals of ideas begin to form and grow as we will be together for three weeks rather than just three days :D

I really don't anticipate having any new material in performance shape until next year but you never know. ;)

would be great if there was a mini live acoustic cd in the future???

The sets will change as other material pops into the "ideas tray" and the more we play around the more inspired we become.

It was a long time away from stage and there was a point where I did think I might never be back

I am just grateful that I can still do what I love doing.

I think a lot of us shared that fear, and I am sure I speak for everyone here when we say how happy we are that you are back doing what we love you to love doing

Judging from the general reviews and response we are receiving it seems everyone is getting off on the this format and I intend to keep this going for quite a while with discussions already taking place for a North and South American tour next Spring.
briliant!!!!

It's a completely different approach and I want to follow the direction and see where it takes us. :D

Onkel Fish x

the pleasure is all ours!

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 am

Fish wrote:we are just enjoying playing just now and getting to grips with the format, rediscovering older songs and relishing having fun on stage.

It was a long time away from stage and there was a point where I did think I might never be back.

I am just grateful that I can still do what I love doing

We're enjoying it too and are so glad that you are back.
And we're grateful that you're still doing it and we love it too

Fish wrote:Judging from the general reviews and response we are receiving it seems everyone is getting off on the this format

Absolutely :D

Fish wrote:

Onkel Fish x

It's a pleasure :) :) :)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:50 am

Fish wrote:Judging from the general reviews and response we are receiving it seems everyone is getting off on the this format and I intend to keep this going for quite a while with discussions already taking place for a North and South American tour next Spring.

YAY! :yahoo:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Fish wrote:

Thanks for taking us along with you.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:06 pm

docbob wrote:
Fish wrote:Judging from the general reviews and response we are receiving it seems everyone is getting off on the this format and I intend to keep this going for quite a while with discussions already taking place for a North and South American tour next Spring.

Brilliant!!!!

Bob, you know fine well that if Fish is on one side of the Atlantic touring, you will be stuck on the other side for a multitude of mundane reasons!! ;)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Fish wrote:Hi all,

Onkel Fish x

It certainly has been a journey! Not just in terms of miles on the Volvo's clock, but to see and hear you grow back into your old role with obvious enjoyment has been fantastic. It has been (and hopefully will continue to be) great fun and a genuine privilege to be involved in the process - and have a great time along the way! :thumb up:

Roll on Hadders and (maybe) a return to the Cluny!! 8-) :lol:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Conan wrote:
docbob wrote:

Brilliant!!!!

Bob, you know fine well that if Fish is on one side of the Atlantic touring, you will be stuck on the other side for a multitude of mundane reasons!! ;)

maybe not.. as... based on this years successful Bob & Jenny does North Caroline :oops: ( & Tenessee & Virginia), talks are already underway of a return trip to a different part of the US 'of A. As summer was just so damned hot... Spring could be a more comfortable alternative! he heid is doon and planning whilst we await developments from the cunning planning Centres in Haddington and West Brom.
Next

Full Version