And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Fish's answer - no recent blog posts?

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Why no blog posts for ages? Just cos I'm nosey!

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Lady41 wrote:Why no blog posts for ages? Just cos I'm nosey!


Hi,

In the first 6 months of 2009 my "heid was full of chocolate frogs" as I tried to keep a very difficult and complicated relationship together with my now ex wife. I have never been so confused, messed up and hurt as much as I was during that period which also included healing my voice which at one point around March/April looked like a lost cause. I was uninspired and depressed at every level and anything I wrote was poisoned by events.I didn't want to write anything be it blog or otherwise.The book was in mothballs and still is.I had to distance myself from a very damaging relationship which destroyed my confidence and rebuild myself. I have done so over the last year by touring and other activities and that distance means that the next album will not be focused on those times and be tainted by that darkness.I needed new experiences and observations, new insights and directions and I am beginning to find them.I chose Facebook as my new means of communication because it made me edit myself,limit my outpourings, stimulate my writing and deal with my life in a personal but restricted manner. I needed to restrain myself as I was very hurt and angry at events.It was too easy to lash out and end up whirling in the same stream of pain.By not blogging I managed to let go in a strange way.I restrained from the public catharsis and in all honesty from boring you to death with my personal shite :-).

It's brought me round and given me a new medium that I enjoy working in.I am sitting here in a Parissiene hotel room at 1'30am talking to strangers through a keyboard.I woke up at 6am this morning and watched the dawn come up from a hotel roof in Bensheim and opened a lyric book up for the first time on this tour.

"I tore a page from a book of faces."

I'm writing again :-)

love
Onkel Fish
Thanked: 13

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 am

Fish wrote:
Lady41 wrote:Why no blog posts for ages? Just cos I'm nosey!


Hi,

In the first 6 months of 2009 my "heid was full of chocolate frogs" as I tried to keep a very difficult and complicated relationship together with my now ex wife. I have never been so confused, messed up and hurt as much as I was during that period which also included healing my voice which at one point around March/April looked like a lost cause. I was uninspired and depressed at every level and anything I wrote was poisoned by events.I didn't want to write anything be it blog or otherwise.The book was in mothballs and still is.I had to distance myself from a very damaging relationship which destroyed my confidence and rebuild myself. I have done so over the last year by touring and other activities and that distance means that the next album will not be focused on those times and be tainted by that darkness.I needed new experiences and observations, new insights and directions and I am beginning to find them.I chose Facebook as my new means of communication because it made me edit myself,limit my outpourings, stimulate my writing and deal with my life in a personal but restricted manner. I needed to restrain myself as I was very hurt and angry at events.It was too easy to lash out and end up whirling in the same stream of pain.By not blogging I managed to let go in a strange way.I restrained from the public catharsis and in all honesty from boring you to death with my personal shite :-).

It's brought me round and given me a new medium that I enjoy working in.I am sitting here in a Parissiene hotel room at 1'30am talking to strangers through a keyboard.I woke up at 6am this morning and watched the dawn come up from a hotel roof in Bensheim and opened a lyric book up for the first time on this tour.

"I tore a page from a book of faces."

I'm writing again :-)

love
Onkel Fish


Yes, you are writing again. And you should continue to write. I don't know if you've seen my 'introduction' to this site in "ramblings of an insane mind" (doc Bob was ready with a gun to shoot me) - I judged you harshly and perhaps unjustly - and it's not important, but I'm glad I've just seen this post. I rarely look at this forum.

Keep writing. Keep going and keep moving. Do whatever you need to do to regain your focus. So far, you look to be doing fine (ish). But know your limitations.

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:51 am

Lady41 wrote:
Fish wrote:
Lady41 wrote:Why no blog posts for ages? Just cos I'm nosey!


Hi,

In the first 6 months of 2009 my "heid was full of chocolate frogs" as I tried to keep a very difficult and complicated relationship together with my now ex wife. I have never been so confused, messed up and hurt as much as I was during that period which also included healing my voice which at one point around March/April looked like a lost cause. I was uninspired and depressed at every level and anything I wrote was poisoned by events.I didn't want to write anything be it blog or otherwise.The book was in mothballs and still is.I had to distance myself from a very damaging relationship which destroyed my confidence and rebuild myself. I have done so over the last year by touring and other activities and that distance means that the next album will not be focused on those times and be tainted by that darkness.I needed new experiences and observations, new insights and directions and I am beginning to find them.I chose Facebook as my new means of communication because it made me edit myself,limit my outpourings, stimulate my writing and deal with my life in a personal but restricted manner. I needed to restrain myself as I was very hurt and angry at events.It was too easy to lash out and end up whirling in the same stream of pain.By not blogging I managed to let go in a strange way.I restrained from the public catharsis and in all honesty from boring you to death with my personal shite :-).

It's brought me round and given me a new medium that I enjoy working in.I am sitting here in a Parissiene hotel room at 1'30am talking to strangers through a keyboard.I woke up at 6am this morning and watched the dawn come up from a hotel roof in Bensheim and opened a lyric book up for the first time on this tour.

"I tore a page from a book of faces."

I'm writing again :-)

love
Onkel Fish


Yes, you are writing again. And you should continue to write. I don't know if you've seen my 'introduction' to this site in "ramblings of an insane mind" (doc Bob was ready with a gun to shoot me)


a gun? shoot? it was a catapult and it wasn't loaded..... :)

- I judged you harshly and perhaps unjustly - and it's not important, but I'm glad I've just seen this post. I rarely look at this forum.

Keep writing. Keep going and keep moving. Do whatever you need to do to regain your focus. So far, you look to be doing fine (ish). But know your limitations.

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:23 am

docbob wrote:
a gun? shoot? it was a catapult and it wasn't loaded..... :)


And you'd probably have missed anyway! :lol:

Re: Fish's answer - no recent blog posts?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 am

Good to hear Onkel, Stay Positive! ;)

Re: Fish's answer - no recent blog posts?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Very happy to see you're back! :)

I have learned from what seems like an awfully similar personal experience (failure of my marriage in 2009 and the corresponding plummet of my self-confidence/worth) that writing can help the healing process but only when you're ready....(as can group therapy - lol). Wishing your the speediest healing process!!

Been a big fan on this side of the pond since 1987 and hoping to see you again live! 8-)

Re: Fish's answer - no recent blog posts?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Well..my mum says her father immigrated from Scotland and so this must explain why I too find it difficult accepting particulars involved within my personal relationships, including possible reason why it takes me so long to get over somethings (dynamic as they tend to become) with significant somebodys. Seems my desire to socialize is blossoming again too with less negativity as time has allowed me to recover from the doom and gloom revolved around my dissappointments. I look forward to reading whatever you blog. No judgement here, but admittedly, I could not help but wonder if you had been in dire need of some faith healing yourself being out of touch for so long. I don't/can't get online much, apparantly, but miss everyone desparately..especially miss chatting with Mo. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, Fish..Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday :-/

Full Version