And things that Fish always wanted to answer!

Red Lion Memories

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:25 pm

I have recently browsed through your archive of early gigs and noticed you played a number at The Red Lion in Bicester. As a someone who lives in Bicester I would be fascinated to hear your memories, if you have any, of gigging in the town back in the early eighties. The Red Lion has long since shut down as a pub and there seems to be little going on musically in the town; was it always like this or was there a genuine 'scene' back then?

Re: Things you always wanted to ask Fish

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:29 pm

MarkT wrote:I have recently browsed through your archive of early gigs and noticed you played a number at The Red Lion in Bicester. As a someone who lives in Bicester I would be fascinated to hear your memories, if you have any, of gigging in the town back in the early eighties. The Red Lion has long since shut down as a pub and there seems to be little going on musically in the town; was it always like this or was there a genuine 'scene' back then?

It was my first ever gig with Marillion, I remember the nerves, the first face paint which was nail varnish :-0, a tiny low stage and a dressing "toilet" ! It was quite a happening wee gig back then.

Full Version