Playing games with us? You're 'aving a larf!

Re: Thought for the day

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Lyrically and politically and generally in terms of their individuality and determination to do things on their own terms the Manics are alot closer to Fish than you would think.

Re: Thought for the day

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Lyrically and politically and generally in terms of their individuality and determination to do things on their own terms the Manics are alot closer to Fish than you would think.


And eeven more in common tonight the Manics are palying their home town of Blackwood.

Now let me think...who else did something very similar recently ;)

Re: Thought for the day

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Re: Thought for the day

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Funnily enough a certain band has a great new song called

A Billion Balconies Facing the Sun ;)

Re: Thought for the day

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

docbob wrote:Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?


:lol:

similar to the "do not touch the plate, it is hot" you sometimes get at restaurants
(and ouch it always is!)

Re: Thought for the day

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Here's a thought that's running through my head today....

If I sell all I own, quit my job, and spend the rest of my days moving from town to town, living off the land and the generosity of people I meet--does that still mean I am free?

Re: Thought for the day

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 pm

jarsis wrote:Here's a thought that's running through my head today....

If I sell all I own, quit my job, and spend the rest of my days moving from town to town, living off the land and the generosity of people I meet--does that still mean I am free?


Probably not because you would be dependent on others.

Nice thought though.

Re: Thought for the day

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:39 pm

How thick does a mug of soup have to be, before drinking it is classed as eating? :?

Re: Thought for the day

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Chris D wrote:
jarsis wrote:Here's a thought that's running through my head today....

If I sell all I own, quit my job, and spend the rest of my days moving from town to town, living off the land and the generosity of people I meet--does that still mean I am free?


Probably not because you would be dependent on others.

Nice thought though.



Thanks for the response, that's what I believe also.

The whole thought stemmed from a newspaper article where a 22 year old man lived a "gypsy-esque" lifestyle, and ended up dying in a fire in a warehouse he was "squatting" in. People have argued that he was free, but really, how is that possible?
Thanked: 1

Re: Thought for the day

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:11 pm

jarsis wrote:
Chris D wrote:
jarsis wrote:Here's a thought that's running through my head today....

If I sell all I own, quit my job, and spend the rest of my days moving from town to town, living off the land and the generosity of people I meet--does that still mean I am free?


Probably not because you would be dependent on others.

Nice thought though.



Thanks for the response, that's what I believe also.

The whole thought stemmed from a newspaper article where a 22 year old man lived a "gypsy-esque" lifestyle, and ended up dying in a fire in a warehouse he was "squatting" in. People have argued that he was free, but really, how is that possible?


I believe that too be free would be imposible in the western world due too law, politics and ownership.
Next

Full Version