Playing games with us? You're 'aving a larf!

Fish in Haiku

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:54 pm

OK - a little bit of Fish-related fun here and a bit of an experiment...

The challenge: to post a Haiku summarising a Fish song in album/track order starting with Script...

Anyone can play, once you've posted, let another member post the next song at least just to keep things fresh. Also, let the next participant know what the song is (just in case). Time to flex those creative muscles and Have Fun!

Re: Fish in Haiku

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Galashiels in love...
Past mistakes, wrong decisions
And apologies.

I'm not very good at this, am I? :oops:

Anyway - Lavender next.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Hmmm. I was wondering why Lavender was taking so long. Boredom? Too easy? Too hard? Too many interpretations? Well, I found this surprisingly hard because of the number of possible interpretations, and I'm less than entirely happy with the end result. But, here goes...

Lavender

One fleeting moment
At one with tranquility
Hides doubt from within

AKA the triumph of reality over hope. Thinking that, finally, Shangri-La is before your eyes. Then it's gone. Forever.

Next: The Bitter Suite

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am

theprophet wrote:Hmmm. I was wondering why Lavender was taking so long. Boredom? Too easy? Too hard? Too many interpretations? Well, I found this surprisingly hard because of the number of possible interpretations, and I'm less than entirely happy with the end result. But, here goes...

Lavender

One fleeting moment
At one with tranquility
Hides doubt from within

AKA the triumph of reality over hope. Thinking that, finally, Shangri-La is before your eyes. Then it's gone. Forever.

Next: The Bitter Suite

Ooh Bitter Suite is a hard one to fit to a Haiku. I will think about it tomorrow, unless someone posts before!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 am

Here is my attempt at Bitter Suite!

Ghosts of lovers past
Revisit mistakes of heart,
A lost man moves on.

Next up Heart of Lothian.

Sun May 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Heart of Lothian - surprisingly difficult!

Emerging national pride
Calling time, prompting the end
another day

Next Up - Waterhole (Expresso Bongo)

Full Version