Hello new member! Introduce yourself here and try out the board features

Hello

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 am

Hi there,

I'm a 30+ game developer, fond of progressive rock with a soft spot for Genesis and Marillion (and to a lesser extent, Rush).
I particularly like Fish and S. Rothery in Marillion (two of my fav in their domain), although all the musicians are great in their own right.
My fav Marillion songs are Grendel, Lady Nina, Assassing, Fugazi, Slainthe Mhath, Garden Party, Incommunicado, Lavender and Freaks.

I find it a really great thing that the man himself visits the forum and takes the time to answer the fans, well done.
It's not often that a million-selling singer and artist does that.

Re: Hello

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 am

Indinera wrote:Hi there,

I'm a 30+ game developer, fond of progressive rock with a soft spot for Genesis and Marillion (and to a lesser extent, Rush).
I particularly like Fish and S. Rothery in Marillion (two of my fav in their domain), although all the musicians are great in their own right.
My fav Marillion songs are Grendel, Lady Nina, Assassing, Fugazi, Slainthe Mhath, Garden Party, Incommunicado, Lavender and Freaks.

I find it a really great thing that the man himself visits the forum and takes the time to answer the fans, well done.
It's not often that a million-selling singer and artist does that.

Hello, Indinera!!

And right you are, I can only think of a couple of musicians who reach out to their fan base on such a personal level, and most of these have always had smaller fan bases to begin with.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 am

Hi and welcome!

Fish has been particularly active on here in the last few days as he does his best to salvage a bad situation involving upcoming gigs. As you say, how many artists would actually roll their sleeves up and offer that level of assistance to their fans? 8-)

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Indinera, Welcome to the forum

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 am

Welcome Indinera, welcome to the madhouse! :D

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am

Indinera, welcome to The Union! Enjoy!

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm

:P Welcome Indinera ! Enjoy !

Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks everyone for the nice messages!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Indinera! :D Welcome to the Forum! Friend, Enjoy and post away to your hearts content. :)

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 am

Hello and Welcome!!! :)
Next

Full Version