Hello new member! Introduce yourself here and try out the board features

Hello From Texas

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey everyone, I'm James, 46 years old from San Antonio, Texas. I've been a hardcore Fish/Marillion fan since around 1986. Would give anything to see Fish. My wife Christy is also a big Fish/Marillion fan as I got her into him/them when we were dating. I must admit Iron Maiden is my all-time favorite band. I'm a metalhead and also dig World War II, Korean War, and World War I Aviation, Dark Age Britain history, Venice, Astronomy, and Pro Football (American) History. Looking forward to talking to y'all and making some new firends and also learning things I don't know about Fish.

All the best,
James

Re: Hello From Texas

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:00 am

Hello James, welcome to The Union! Trust me, you'll enjoy the forum.

I think the May tour is too short ahead to get a good price for all the travel. But what are you thinking about holidays in Europe this autumn ;) ?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 am

Hi James! Welcome to the Union. :) - Hope you can get over here with your wife at some point to catch a future gig! ;)

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

Hi James
I saw your top 5 bands. Interesting choice. I have to admit that I have never heard of teh last 3 bands.
Maiden are brilliant. Always produce great songs and albums and fantastic live.

One of my best friends lives down near San Antonio.

DO you ever get to those big music festivals in Austin? I would love to go one day.

I see you like WW1. Well you need to introduce yourself to Simon Moston on this forum as he is an enthusiastic expert on the subject hand has been a major influence on some of the new tracks on Fish's eagerly awaited new album.

Hello From Texas

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. My wife and I have been talking about maybe doing a Fish show this autumn in Europe somewhere. I hope we can.

Teddynonose, I have never been to a big music festival really. Christy and I did go to Paganfest here in 2008, but that was in a club. Ensiferum Turisas, TYR, Eluveite were on that bill. The last three bands on y favorites, Satan/Blitzkrieg are NWOBHM bands Brian Ross the singer for Blitzkrieg was also in Satan. Great NWOBHM bands and Satan are not satanic whatsoever. Reebllion are a German band that has done three albums on The History of the Vikings, their latest Arminius - Furor Teutonicus is about the massacre of Roman Legions in the Teutoburg Forest in 9 A.D. Guardians of Time are an amazing metal band from Norway.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:04 pm

James wrote:I did go to Paganfest here in 2008

:'(

Hi James, and a belated but warm welcome to the forum! :D

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

James wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone. My wife and I have been talking about maybe doing a Fish show this autumn in Europe somewhere. I hope we can.

Teddynonose, I have never been to a big music festival really. Christy and I did go to Paganfest here in 2008, but that was in a club. Ensiferum Turisas, TYR, Eluveite were on that bill. The last three bands on y favorites, Satan/Blitzkrieg are NWOBHM bands Brian Ross the singer for Blitzkrieg was also in Satan. Great NWOBHM bands and Satan are not satanic whatsoever. Reebllion are a German band that has done three albums on The History of the Vikings, their latest Arminius - Furor Teutonicus is about the massacre of Roman Legions in the Teutoburg Forest in 9 A.D. Guardians of Time are an amazing metal band from Norway.

I have always wanted to go to SXSW in Austin and also to see a band in Stubbs. Hopefully I will one day

Hello From Texas

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Teddynonose wrote:
James wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone. My wife and I have been talking about maybe doing a Fish show this autumn in Europe somewhere. I hope we can.

I have always wanted to go to SXSW in Austin and also to see a band in Stubbs. Hopefully I will one day

I saw Fates Warning in Austin at the Ritz in March 1987. I hope you do make it here one day, Christy and I could show you arround...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum and the Company, Enjoy mate, Hope you can make it over sometime. :D

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi James

Welcome to The Union ..... :D

Thought I knew my Rock Music, but I also had'nt heard of a few of your favourite bands :o :shock:
Next

Full Version