Hello new member! Introduce yourself here and try out the board features

Greetings ...

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Lost my old account info some time ago ... getting back in :D

Hello all ... Been listening a lot to solo and Marillion era as of late ... as are my children. Will be pre-ordering "Feast..." soon.

I recall some time back Fish was working on a novel. Can I ask where I can find out what became of that?

Thanks,
-B.

Re: Greetings ...

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 am

Hi B and welcome - or should I say welcome back! :D

There are quite a few of us who would be interested to know what progress has been made on the book... but I think what happened was that as Fish was researching the content for it he got seriously side-tracked by the stuff concerning his Grandad in WWI. The result of all that is a new album - so not all bad! :lol:

I hope the book does materialise one day though. 8-)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

welcome and enjoy(again) :D
8-)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm

nocrows wrote:Lost my old account info some time ago ... getting back in :D

Hello all ... Been listening a lot to solo and Marillion era as of late ... as are my children. Will be pre-ordering "Feast..." soon.

I recall some time back Fish was working on a novel. Can I ask where I can find out what became of that?

Thanks,
-B.

Hi nocrows and as 95 says 'welcome back'. I think the book stalled when the marriage broke down and Fish was suffering before the second throat operation. The original working title (later changed) referred to the Perfume River if I recall- so we may not have the book yet but the inspiration seems to have carried across to what looks like being one of his very best songs. 8-)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Welcome back......... 8-)

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello and welcome back! :D Glad you could make it! :D

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 am

Thanks for the welcomes. It is wonderful to have life slow down enough to allow me to pull up a chair to an artistic table that has always been so important to me. I'm relishing digging into some of Fish's work I missed. I went with the wife to see him in San Francisco when he came to the states for 13th Star ... Looking forward to delving into the new work ... It has been something I recent months to share with my children ... And watch the knowing smiles as they witness a line that touches, provokes ... It's nice to be back ...

Again, thanks ...

-B

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:43 am

Welcome back B. You know you'll enjoy the forum ;) !

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 am

Hi! and Welcome back to the Company! :D

Full Version