Hello new member! Introduce yourself here and try out the board features

Hello!!!

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 am

Hello everyone!!!

I thought I'd join while I'm still on a high after seeing the great man on Monday at The Junction 1 in Cambridge.

Well...I guess I'd better introduce myself!

My name's Rob Brook and I have been a fan of Fish since I was a 10 year old that one day sheltered from the rain in what was then my local independant record shop (Disc-o-round in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire) and left with the 7", 12" and 12" Picture Disc of Market Square Heroes one October day in 1982.

I have followed his career ever since and until the other night in Cambridge when I met the man himself, the proudest moment in my life was when my question got answered first in The Masque book (at the time I was living in Blackpool).

I am obsessed with music, and in addition to the big man, my favourites are Styx, Pagan's Mind, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Judas Priest and Garth Brooks!

I just love music, on my iPod there is anything and everything from Abba to ZZ Top, in fact, I will give any kind of music a fair hearing as long as it isn't the mass produced X Factor/The Voice kind of shit!!!

I have another obsession in life in the shape of the 53 year old Delta Queen herself, the Avro Vulcan B MkII, XH558.

I regularly volunteer to keep the old girl flying and she keeps me out of mischief.

I'm not a massive TV/Film fan, apart from Star Wars, and have managed to avoid being a nerd about a TV show, but when Life On Mars started, I became a Gene Hunt (and Philip Glenister) fan!

Re: Hello!!!

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Welcome to The Union Rob! Enjoy it!

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Rob
Welcome to the Union, the Forum and the Company,
Enjoy mate! :)

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Welcome Rob- enjoy the forum. XH588 is magnificent , sends a shiver down my spine whenever I see her flying, you folks do a fantastic job against all the odds. :)

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Welcome on board Rob :-)

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 am

Welcome to The Company forum Rob .

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:36 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 am

oldcrow wrote:Welcome Rob- enjoy the forum. XH588 is magnificent , sends a shiver down my spine whenever I see her flying, you folks do a fantastic job against all the odds. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself! The vulcan is my absolute favourite flying thing. Totally awesome.

Welcome indeed Rob! :D

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:25 am

Thank you all!!!

I look forward to contributing and getting to know you all!

As for keeping XH558 airbourne, as volunteers we all do our bit, but it's nothing compared to people like you who come along and keep us going against the odds.

Like a certain great Scotsman, XH558 can only survive with the loyal support and funding of those who care, and for people that do whatever they can, I thank you all so much!

Sadly XH558 can't come out with a new belter of an album like "A Feast Of Consequences".

She has to rely on past glories like Marillion have to!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Welcome onboard Rob. Hope you enjoy your time here mate! :D
Next

Full Version