Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: Proposed re issues of the Solo Catalogue

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Fish,

You were gracious to allow me to video tape the Irving Plaza gig January 17, 2000. It was shot on mini DV tape. It came out very well. I'd be happy to contribute.

Brian

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I love the idea of 5.1 mixes for these albums. I'd love to hear a 5.1 mix of Plague of Ghosts. Fingers crossed that it's viable and time permits :D

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 pm

More interesting to me, and way cheaper to produce, would be SHIRTS from corresponding to those records

Sunsets - Raingods - Fellini - Crows - even 13th (angel on the ship)

I always thought it was a drag that stock was not maintained of older album shirts, hell a Vigil or Exile (with your pic ringed in roses)) would be great. Don't even bother with many Small or Med....

It would be a reason to keep coming back ot the online store even if I have everything already...

How about re-releasing out of print live CDs?

Can you put either of these questions Shirts-Live CD's to the Fans, ask them what kind of shirts they want?

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

King of the Gypsies wrote:More interesting to me, and way cheaper to produce, would be SHIRTS from corresponding to those records

I always thought it was a drag that stock was not maintained of older album shirts, hell a Vigil or Exile (with your pic ringed in roses)) would be great. Don't even bother with many Small or Med....

It would be a reason to keep coming back ot the online store even if I have everything already...

Can you put either of these questions Shirts-Live CD's to the Fans, ask them what kind of shirts they want?

This is a great idea! Would love to get my hands on some album-related T-shirts. - Not sure how commercially viable this would be for Fish. - It's a real shame that some of my old T's just haven't lasted. - First order for me would be a new Uncle Sam/Big Wedge T.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 pm

My god, you dont wanna see mine---- faded, totally f***d, they are my jamas now.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
King of the Gypsies wrote:More interesting to me, and way cheaper to produce, would be SHIRTS from corresponding to those records

This is a great idea! Would love to get my hands on some album-related T-shirts. - Not sure how commercially viable this would be for Fish. - It's a real shame that some of my old T's just haven't lasted. - First order for me would be a new Uncle Sam/Big Wedge T.

whilst this theoretically sounds like a great idea... there is of course a cost involved... we only have to look at the website to see unsold t-shirts from the last convention...

Fish t-s are so difficult, and its nto like you can just order 30 of this or 30 of that to keep on stock just in case the odd person or two wants to buy one.... and dotn forget yu got to then stock all the different sizes..

Its never easy. and I am sure there are people out there wantign to order the back wardrobe, but as experience has shown, when you start asking, you get a handful of people all wanting different sizes of different designs which , when ( and we did look at this as a project for a forum t-shirt) it works out at a cost price of around £10 - 12 per shirt, before any shipping/vat margin... it suddenly becomes less attractive to the buyer..... :oops:

anyone willing to put up the capital to help Fish out ont he t-shirts , bearingin mind he's got to fund the live albums, the convention, and the new album???? :shock:

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

docbob wrote:whilst this theoretically sounds like a great idea... there is of course a cost involved... we only have to look at the website to see unsold t-shirts from the last convention...

Fish t-s are so difficult, and its nto like you can just order 30 of this or 30 of that to keep on stock just in case the odd person or two wants to buy one.... and dotn forget yu got to then stock all the different sizes..

Its never easy. and I am sure there are people out there wantign to order the back wardrobe, but as experience has shown, when you start asking, you get a handful of people all wanting different sizes of different designs which , when ( and we did look at this as a project for a forum t-shirt) it works out at a cost price of around £10 - 12 per shirt, before any shipping/vat margin... it suddenly becomes less attractive to the buyer..... :oops:

anyone willing to put up the capital to help Fish out ont he t-shirts , bearingin mind he's got to fund the live albums, the convention, and the new album???? :shock:

Yeah, I was speaking theoretically. I realise it's not workable. - Just thinking it would be nice to have some old T's like brand new! ;)

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 am

Without giving the game away a lot of what I do has to do with merchandising

Look at the shirts available on the Alice Cooper site http://shop.alicecooper.com/shop.cfm/pk ... cid/400025

Or Iron Maiden
http://ironmaiden.globalmerchstores.com ... cid/400740

These are Legacy images… fan like us buy this stuff, and I realized that there is investment, I do…

Many bands have “T-Shirt Clubs” you subscribe and get shirts based upon subscription and size, and on demand printing is available

Fish has an established fan base, and this might work for him, is he a legacy artist? Maybe, but 13th Star to me was the best thing he ever did to my ears…

Ask the fans, see what they say, I don’t know your sell through rates, but it is just a thought

I know nothing, and would never claim to tell anyone how to do business, please take no offence

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 am

As to funding...

I ask you all to refer to what Ginger-Wildhearts just did, absolute genius

Go here (below) play the video on this link and you will die laughing..

http://www.gingerandthesoniccircus.net/

With this video he raised money to finance a 3CD set in 6 hours via paypal, I pledged 25 pounds
Ginger thought it would maybe take a few months to do it, maybe...

2-3 times a week I get hilarious video updates of them in the studio, previews on new songs

This is a game changer, it is the future for artist majors ignore

I feel like I directly helped make his new record happen, and I did, loyalty man big time, he is gearing up to do it again for an all "noise" record similar to "Endless Nameless", and I will give money for it, no problem

Posted on Gingers site Dec. 23rd, really touching how he describes what the fans did for him:

“2011 will be a year I’ll never forget. Beginning the year by enduring a brief dance with budgetary disaster (The Frankenstein Effect, which will hopefully be put straight soon in 2012) the year continued into great disappointment as I left the Michael Monroe band under circumstances beyond my control, and then seemed to hit a wall sometime in July when I seriously considered giving up the idea of making a living from music. It appeared time in my life to get a proper job.

On asking a very successful friend of mine in NYC (name withheld in order to save blushes) to look for employment for me he insisted that whatever I choose to do be sure it is something I would happily do for free. That, he told me, is the only way to truly succeed in anything.
But what on earth would I do for free that would help feed my family?
My cynicism refused to believe that such mystic mumbo jumbo would help a family in the north of England and a musician all but convinced that he had failed.

In fact the only thing I do for free is chat to supporters of my music online in a bid to rid myself of any lingering ‘rock star’ mystique and build a solid community of music lovers.

Lovely as they are, how the bloody hell are THEY going to help?

Cutting to the present day, with the success of the record breaking Pledge campaign and the love caked December tour this seems an appropriate point for me to take back any doubt in the power of a strong and loyal fanbase.
You have changed my predicament and given me hope for the future.
You have improved my life in ways you may never fully comprehend.
It’s funny because I hear that I occasionally do a similar thing for some folk over at Formspring.
On evidence such as this I can only remain completely convinced that we are in this together. To help each other.

Have an amazing Xmas in the knowledge that you’ve all done something amazing this year. You all helped a man when he was down, really down. You turned someone’s life around.
The fact that it was someone you all share a musical fondness for, well, consider this a down payment for quality product, selfless service and a level of gratitude that I hope you are all lucky enough to feel yourselves.

As long as you are there then I’ll be here. And THAT, my good friends, is a deal.

God bless you all. I fucking love you. True story.

Gx”

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd welcome the reissues with pleasure. Especially in Finland the Fish catalogue has been unavailable for ages... I think Bouillabaisse is the only one you can buy here at the moment. I know people who'd LOVE to buy Vigil or Fellini or Raingods - they just can't find them anywhere.
Next

Full Version