Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: Proposed re issues of the Solo Catalogue

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:15 pm

docbob wrote:... we only have to look at the website to see unsold t-shirts from the last convention... :shock:

Agreed. However, I think convention T-shirts are a slightly different thing. Personally speaking, I would not want to buy a T-shirt from a convention that I didn't attend. It just feels a bit like lying somehow - but maybe that's just me! :roll:

I too would love to have some of the older album artwork available on Tees. I realise that there would be a supplement to pay for short orders such as these, but to me it would be worth it.

With an artist like Fish, with a limited fanbase, it will always be difficult to balance supply and demand. We understand that. But if asked for our opinions and wishes we may get carried away! :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Conan wrote:
docbob wrote:... we only have to look at the website to see unsold t-shirts from the last convention... :shock:

Agreed. However, I think convention T-shirts are a slightly different thing. Personally speaking, I would not want to buy a T-shirt from a convention that I didn't attend. It just feels a bit like lying somehow - but maybe that's just me! :roll:

I too would love to have some of the older album artwork available on Tees. I realise that there would be a supplement to pay for short orders such as these, but to me it would be worth it.

With an artist like Fish, with a limited fanbase, it will always be difficult to balance supply and demand. We understand that. But if asked for our opinions and wishes we may get carried away! :mrgreen:

Totally with Conan on the convention t shirt thing-and supply and demand.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

the point is not of course the convention t-shirts, or the tour t-shirts, but just how easy it is to be left with unsold stock and cost....

with so many "artworks" over the years, and of course royalties to the "band" on earlier albumwork - I have fugazi, MCH, Script remastered t-shirts from "marillion"

its not an easy business..... supply and demand.. and costs vs volume.....

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, as far as live material is concerned, does this mean that there finally is a chance for us to see the Düsseldorf concert from Decembre 1991 (the one from the official bootleg)? As far as I remember Peter Rieger had this show filmed by three cameras and gave it to the band. I'd love to see this show, as it was a phenomenal concert and the foundation for my love of Onkel's music.
As far as remixing is concerned, 5.1 sounds nice, but the mix is one of the things I like about FoC and RwZ sounds fine to me too. Fellini sounds muddled, but I think the album that would profit the most from a remix would be Suits (you know, remove all those overdubs, especially the stupid bells on Emperor's Song, turn up the guitars and eliminate the horrible "James Cassidy Signature" keyboard sounds and it may become the great album it should have been in the first place.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:48 am

Please excuse me resurrecting this long-dormant thread, merely to ask:

Has a decision been made about whether or not this will happen? I'm thinking generally of the re-issue of the back catalogue, let alone the proposed (and welcome, certainly in the case of Fellini Days) remix of the latter-day albums. Although I've got a full set of the last batch of remasters, I certainly wouldn't mind forking out for reissues if they are (a) a sonic upgrade, (b) contain more additional material, or (c) both.

And whilst I'm here, can I be a bit anoraky and ask for a CD release of the extended 12" mix of Big Wedge? I know, I know... but it's one of the few officially-released Fish tracks that never got a CD release. In fact I think it may be the *only* one?

As you were :D.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Short answer,as I understand it.

The hard drives where the original Fellini Days tracks were stored were damaged and Fish was unable to extract the masters, Field Of Crows has been remixed by Chris Kimsey and when Fish has fifteen minutes, and is not doing publicity, rehearsing, and generally working super hard on the new album he will look at releasing it.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 pm

That pretty much sums it up.

A real shame about Fellini Days, but there you go.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 pm

JohnSReid wrote:That pretty much sums it up.

A real shame about Fellini Days, but there you go.

I'm actually fairly pleased at Fellini Days staying the way it is. Yeah, it's a bit harsh and unfinished but for me that's how it's supposed to sound. I'm not sure I could cope with a 'sonic upgrade'!

However, Field of Crows. Yes please. No issues with a remix of that. I can't remember which song it is offhand, but there's a terrible 'missing' guitar solo in there which always annoys me.

5.1. Not bothered myself. A bit of a niche market so I would certainly suggest a stereo version on there too.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 pm

AdrianH wrote:
JohnSReid wrote:That pretty much sums it up.

I can't remember which song it is offhand, but there's a terrible 'missing' guitar solo in there which always annoys me.

that will be 'Lost Plot' I guess

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:49 am

From Fish's FB yesterday: "Just to add to the positivism, Calum Malcolm had a few days spare and has mastered the Chris Kimsey remixed "Field of Crows" and remastered the original album. They both sound great!

I have no idea when these will come out and in all honesty will have to wait till early next year as "Feast" demands all my energies just now.

The new technology available for mastering really makes a difference and I will probably be remastering "Fellini Days" and "Raingods with Zippos" for a simultaneous batch release next Spring sometime."
Next

Full Version