Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: Feast of Consequences, the Spring Offensive

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Agree so much better hearing the full album before a gig , you enjoy the music more if familiar, like you do when listening to new albums after several plays

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:56 am

arcademannequin wrote:And Fish and band can play any songs they want (even if I've heard them at several gigs last year) - I'll never get bored of them! :D

And the beauty is that they will sound totally different to the way they sounded in the acoustic format. It's almost like having two sets, but containing the same material! :)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

At the risk of agreeing with people, playing 4 tracks from a new (unrecorded) album instead of the whole thing sounds like a great idea.

Too much unfamiliar stuff and you lose the communal vibe of the evening. On the other hand I can dimly remember a handful (2/3?) tracks getting aired, pre-recording, at a convention in Utrecht in about 2001..? And that was a special occassion for all of us there.

Bring it on.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 pm

The Big Man could sing my shopping list for next week accompanied by violin strumming octopi and I would be happy to nod along in appreciation.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm

torch_light wrote:The Big Man could sing my shopping list for next week accompanied by violin strumming octopi and I would be happy to nod along in appreciation.

Or the phone book :lol: !

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm

ulrichs wrote:
torch_light wrote:The Big Man could sing my shopping list for next week accompanied by violin strumming octopi and I would be happy to nod along in appreciation.

Or the phone book :lol: !

or a German dictionary :P

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Or the rule book for Burundian Indoor Turtle Bowling!

Sorry Mods, I will stop there! :oops:

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I have to say, I have expected that the Feast album won't ready till the convention. And now it will take time till next spring. We will hear 4 songs at the convention in an early stage. Compared to the Early Stage we know it could be nice to get a touch of the new ones and next year the chance to compared to the listening at the convention.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

ulrichs wrote:I have to say, I have expected that the Feast album won't ready till the convention. And now it will take time till next spring. We will hear 4 songs at the convention in an early stage. Compared to the Early Stage we know it could be nice to get a touch of the new ones and next year the chance to compared to the listening at the convention.

It's a bit like when you buy a re-issued album and the band adds on demo tracks. This way we get to hear the 'demos' first then get the studio stuff later.

Should be quite interesting. :)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 pm

torch_light wrote:
ulrichs wrote:I have to say, I have expected that the Feast album won't ready till the convention. And now it will take time till next spring. We will hear 4 songs at the convention in an early stage. Compared to the Early Stage we know it could be nice to get a touch of the new ones and next year the chance to compared to the listening at the convention.

It's a bit like when you buy a re-issued album and the band adds on demo tracks. This way we get to hear the 'demos' first then get the studio stuff later.

Should be quite interesting. :)

Yeah! the same thing happened with MC only we got the whole of side one and side two on the Real to Reel tour, that said it is great to compare Demo/unfinished tracks with the finished article not just from a studio perspective but from a Live gig point of view as well.

Full Version