Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: Fishheads Club Live Double DVD questions

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:32 am

It has been a Long Time, I Last bought a live cd or DVD.
The best in quality terms was Sushi :-)

I think I bought everything Up to 2000.

But now I concentrate on new Albums. In my opinion there are just to many live CDs and DVDs.

I did Not have the Time to Consume so many Music, especially watching DVDs.

Overall just to many over years in decreasing quality.

So Looking forward for New Music...

Please Exkurse the damn Auto correct Funktion...

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 am

The reasons I did not buy:

1. I rarely watch live gig DVD's. I know this because the few Fish/Marillion/All About Eve/Tori/The Mission ones I do have get an airing perhaps a couple of times a year.

2. I did not think acoustic stuff would translate very well onto my tv screen. I saw the Fish Heads tour five times so it is not as though I do not like acoustic music.

3. Was it really two gigs worth? Several of the tracks were duplicated.

4. A live CD to accompany one DVD would have been more appealing to me. That would have got alot more play.

5. Other Fish stuff to be spending money on ie the Convention....

6. Taking into account all of the above in balance with the cost of the DVD.

But that does not mean I do not want anymore live product. Especially the Convention DVD. The live stuff there just fell into place. The acoustic sessions seem to be superior to anything I had heard on the tour (but the tracks were nearly all 'favourites') and the Sunday night was the best, out of many, Fish gigs I have ever attended.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 pm

With many saying that it was quite possibly the best gig Fish has ever done, the Convention HAS to be put out on DVD. It would be silly not to.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm

As a 'buyer' my comments are less valid BUT...

'Ere's a fort' (as they say in Essexinnit) - I wonder...IF the release date for the DVD had been later...would it have sold more copies ?

My reasoning...Fish has stated that the Acoustic tour may have gone on longer than it perhaps should've (differing opinions on that too), so - did folk need an 'acoustic break' which effected their buying of a singularly acoustic DVD?

Its release so soon (?) after the tour end MAY have been too soon?

Discuss

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 pm

I haven't bought it because I have half a dozen music DVDs on my shelf that I've never even played. I agree with others here that a CD would get much more play. However, I will be buying the Convention DVD - its a memento of the weekend as much as anything else.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:40 am

Moston wrote:As a 'buyer' my comments are less valid BUT...

'Ere's a fort' (as they say in Essexinnit) - I wonder...IF the release date for the DVD had been later...would it have sold more copies ?

My reasoning...Fish has stated that the Acoustic tour may have gone on longer than it perhaps should've (differing opinions on that too), so - did folk need an 'acoustic break' which effected their buying of a singularly acoustic DVD?

Its release so soon (?) after the tour end MAY have been too soon?

Discuss

Think this may well be true. - Acoustic overkill. - Perhaps the release should have been delayed till early next year? - Saying that, the acoustic sets at the Convention went down really well.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

I can not second an acoustic overkill. I wish, the DVD or the planned CD would have been released earlier. At a point, the acoustic tour was still continuing. I get a different view to songs after hearing or seeing them at home an compare them afterwards at a gig.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am

I think I agree with Paul. Maybe if release of the FishHeads DVD had been delayed until the May tour? I know that a return to full-band, amplified, rock will probably have me craving a revisit to the unplugged format! It would be nice to think that both will have a future...

Having said that, I've added it to my Amazon wishlist* so you never know - I might end up getting it for Christmas anyway!

*BTW, you can add items from other sites to your wishlist - I wouldn't dream of bvuying Fish product from anywhere but the Company Shop!! ;) :D

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Conan wrote:I think I agree with Paul. Maybe if release of the FishHeads DVD had been delayed until the May tour? I know that a return to full-band, amplified, rock will probably have me craving a revisit to the unplugged format! It would be nice to think that both will have a future...

Having said that, I've added it to my Amazon wishlist* so you never know - I might end up getting it for Christmas anyway!

*BTW, you can add items from other sites to your wishlist - I wouldn't dream of bvuying Fish product from anywhere but the Company Shop!! ;) :D

I wasn't saying that I was bored of acoustic stuff. I bought the DVD as soon as it was released and really enjoyed it. - I was just suggesting that this maybe one reason why some have yet to buy it.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:37 am

And quote from fish on new blog from the Fishheadsclub.com website, "he has taken note of responses from his facebook pages regards to slow sales of the fishheads club accoustic dvd" :( :( :(

No mention of "responses from the Members on official forum!" just facebook!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And there in lies the problem!!!!!
Next

Full Version