Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: Fishheads Club Live Double DVD questions

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 am

mwelljester wrote:And quote from fish on new blog from the Fishheadsclub.com website, "he has taken note of responses from his facebook pages regards to slow sales of the fishheads club accoustic dvd" :( :( :(

No mention of "responses from the Members on official forum!" just facebook!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

And there in lies the problem!!!!!

I think you have a very viable point there Rab.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Chris D wrote:
mwelljester wrote:And quote from fish on new blog from the Fishheadsclub.com website, "he has taken note of responses from his facebook pages regards to slow sales of the fishheads club accoustic dvd" :( :( :(

No mention of "responses from the Members on official forum!" just facebook!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Erm, I'm going to disagree here (now there's a surprise!! :lol: ) and say I think that this is a bit of an over-reaction. He read the responses on here, which were not dissimilar to the responses on Facebook. And he got over 300 responses on Facebook. I did notice he'd only mentioned Facebook but didn't think too much of it, particularly as I knew he'd logged on here and read the replies. He's long said that he sees Facebook as the preferred medium and explained why.

Ultimately, the forum is a place for a minority - he can't even fit all his posts on here due to the site's 'limits'. It's also not as 'immediate'.

Let's keep this thing in context, guys. An omission, yes. An insult, I doubt it :)

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Sharon.

I know he did read that, but again it's a fact that more people respond to him on Facebook - and it was more or less the same responses.

I know he did check here - otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to take the time to post in the first place.

Keep Calm and Listen to Fish!

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Is there a parrot in here? :D

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Lady41 wrote:
Chris D wrote:

Erm, I'm going to disagree here (now there's a surprise!! :lol: ) and say I think that this is a bit of an over-reaction. He read the responses on here, which were not dissimilar to the responses on Facebook. And he got over 300 responses on Facebook. I did notice he'd only mentioned Facebook but didn't think too much of it, particularly as I knew he'd logged on here and read the replies. He's long said that he sees Facebook as the preferred medium and explained why.

Ultimately, the forum is a place for a minority - he can't even fit all his posts on here due to the site's 'limits'. It's also not as 'immediate'.

Let's keep this thing in context, guys. An omission, yes. An insult, I doubt it :)

Didn't see it as an insult myself. - It's nice to know that he came on here and read our thoughts. - Would have been nice for a response, rather than just merits, but I'm sure our input was appreciated.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:05 am

Lady41 wrote:
Chris D wrote:

Did someone mention an insult somewhere?

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Whether we like it or not (and I think it's fairly clear which!) FB has FAR more traffic than this site ever will. Now that's not to say that Fish doesn't listen to the opinions expressed on here, but obviously if he wants a quick straw-poll response, this would not be the place to get it.

It does sometimes frustrate me slightly, as a non-user of Facebook, that I only get "second-hand" information on here... but at least I get it.

What I find rather more confusing is the existence of TWO "official" Fish websites now, with each continually linking to the other... :wacko2: :dont-know:

Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Conan wrote:Whether we like it or not (and I think it's fairly clear which!) FB has FAR more traffic than this site ever will. Now that's not to say that Fish doesn't listen to the opinions expressed on here, but obviously if he wants a quick straw-poll response, this would not be the place to get it.

It does sometimes frustrate me slightly, as a non-user of Facebook, that I only get "second-hand" information on here... but at least I get it.

What I find rather more confusing is the existence of TWO "official" Fish websites now, with each continually linking to the other... :wacko2: :dont-know:

But on one hand we Fish has stated that the number of 'likes' on facebook did not correlate to the sales of the DVD. Some of us then agree that that is par for course on facebook. That it is not true or relevant. So does that not make the comments on here more viable than there?

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I think that the comments are probably more useful yet they are both equally valid.

The thing to remember is that we have around 40 - 50 regular visitors, and as we are those 'hardcore' fans who do usually buy this sort of thing, I can see the responses being only so useful.

That's not to say that the comments from here aren't as valuable, but that they sometimes are more useful for other types of questions.

Horses for courses and all of that.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

I too prefer a live CD to a live DVD.

And this may be a bit off-topic, but I always liked the idea of the Counting Crows who offer the opportunity to download soundboard recordings of many of their live concerts for around $15 per concert. I, for one, would love the opportunity to buy a recording of a concert I attended. I was in the Tilburg audience when the Return to Childhood live album was recorded and it is by far my favorite!

But I admit that I have no idea about the technical and legal constraints of such an "official bootleg" site...just thought I would mention it!

I'm keeping an eye on the site with upcoming gigs. Hoping to see you in Sweden soon!

Mark

Full Version