Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

View From the Balcony

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm

New Post:
http://fishheadsclub.com/2013/01/23/vie ... e-balcony/
Thanked: 6

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 am

Fish wrote:...
I don’t want to be on the road when I’m 60. My touring lifestyle is not that of the “Rolling Stones” or Bruce Springsteen. I looked at the new tour Yatta has put together and flinched. Three years ago I would have been excited at playing some of the faraway cities on the routing but a shudder ran through me at the realisation that on one particular leg I won’t see a hotel bed for over a week! It’s going to be an intense 7 weeks on the road where the only saving grace is the 2 hours on stage 6 days a week!
...

That means last tour in 2017 or early 2018 :shock: :( !

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am

ulrichs wrote:
Fish wrote:...
I don’t want to be on the road when I’m 60. My touring lifestyle is not that of the “Rolling Stones” or Bruce Springsteen. I looked at the new tour Yatta has put together and flinched. Three years ago I would have been excited at playing some of the faraway cities on the routing but a shudder ran through me at the realisation that on one particular leg I won’t see a hotel bed for over a week! It’s going to be an intense 7 weeks on the road where the only saving grace is the 2 hours on stage 6 days a week!
...

That means last tour in 2017 or early 2018 :shock: :( !


I know. While I can understand that Fish would not fancy the rigours of touring as a 60 year old, the selfish part of me would be very sad and disappointed when he hangs up his touring shoes :(

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 am

Agreed.

I hope that it doesn't mean the end of his music though should that be the case.

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, he talks about not being wealthy enough to retire yet - and unless the new album breaks him into new audiences I can't see that changing any time soon. How else will he make money if not through music? :shock:

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Well that's the issue isn't it?

Touring supports the album, not vice-versa so to record music he needs to tour, but can't see that happening in, say, 10 years.

I suppose this had to come up at some point, as illness and other factors have had an impact on the recording of this album.

Maybe he'll open a B&B in Hadders ala Buster Bloodvessel?

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Conan wrote:Well, he talks about not being wealthy enough to retire yet - and unless the new album breaks him into new audiences I can't see that changing any time soon. How else will he make money if not through music? :shock:



Acting, writing, voice overs, presenting......

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm

JohnSReid wrote:Maybe he'll open a B&B in Hadders ala Buster Bloodvessel?


Buster Bloodvessel runs a B&B in Hadders?!?! :shock: :lol:

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Interessting news.

Scary to imagine an end of touring. Maybe Fish plays tempoarily small gigs for a few friends in Haddington.
Thanked: 1

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 pm

You never know, he may feel differently when he actually reaches 60. - If his muse is still there, along with his desire to put out new material, he'll obviously want to show it off in front of a live audience. - I can see much shorter tours, but tours nonetheless.
Thanked: 3
Next

Full Version