Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: View From the Balcony

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Fingers crossed, or just a convention weekend in a larger venue to reach the fan base........

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

arcademannequin wrote:You never know, he may feel differently when he actually reaches 60. - If his muse is still there, along with his desire to put out new material, he'll obviously want to show it off in front of a live audience. - I can see much shorter tours, but tours nonetheless.

And we know he is a really good frontman at live appearances. Take a look at the frontman thread ;) !

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Great honest blog as always.
I know the EBay shop has been discussed before and not pursued because of costs, but although I always buy direct from my favourite acts' online shops , when trying something 'new' I tend to go to Amazon or EBay initially ....if the artist has their own shop on there that is surely much better than buying through a 3rd party.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Great Blog from the Bigman!

Lets be honest here, yes we would all be upset! if Fish decides to hang up his mike in 6yrs or so time, thats said i for one, would not hold it against him, as we will all be thinking about retiring in our own Jobs when we reach 60-65, so it is no different for him as it is for us, as we all try and Plan ahead for our big day when we dont have to physically go out and work.
Then we and Fish have more time to spend with Family and relations, as well as chilling out and doing the things we want to do, that we may have had to put to one side due to work.
Me, i am just rellishing the New Album when its released, along with the dvds/cds from the Convention and the cds from the "east of scotland" tapes(North berwick and Haddington) as well as any more recordings/demos etc... that Fish may choose to make avialable for us over the next 6yrs.
One thing i dont think will happen or work long term(financial implications), is recording/producing music without going out on tour either side of the work being released, i just cant bite into anything that an artist is planning to release Knowing you will not be able to see him/them play it live EVER!
With all this in mind it really depends on Fish's frame of mind now, and when he retires, and what he has lined up for himself when he retires regarding to any sort of work, time will tell.
I am just taking it 1 year at a time, and whatever will be will be, but its been and still is One Almighty Rollercoaster of a "CURVE" that i am loving and thankyou with all of my heart for Fish. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:59 pm

mwelljester wrote:Great Blog from the Bigman!

Lets be honest here, yes we would all be upset! if Fish decides to hang up his mike in 6yrs or so time, thats said i for one, would not hold it against him, as we will all be thinking about retiring in our own Jobs when we reach 60-65, so it is no different for him as it is for us, as we all try and Plan ahead for our big day when we dont have to physically go out and work.
Then we and Fish have more time to spend with Family and relations, as well as chilling out and doing the things we want to do, that we may have had to put to one side due to work.
Me, i am just rellishing the New Album when its released, along with the dvds/cds from the Convention and the cds from the "east of scotland" tapes(North berwick and Haddington) as well as any more recordings/demos etc... that Fish may choose to make avialable for us over the next 6yrs.
One thing i dont think will happen or work long term(financial implications), is recording/producing music without going out on tour either side of the work being released, i just cant bite into anything that an artist is planning to release Knowing you will not be able to see him/them play it live EVER!
With all this in mind it really depends on Fish's frame of mind now, and when he retires, and what he has lined up for himself when he retires regarding to any sort of work, time will tell.
I am just taking it 1 year at a time, and whatever will be will be, but its been and still is One Almighty Rollercoaster of a "CURVE" that i am loving and thankyou with all of my heart for Fish. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your positive outlook Rab! ;) :D - You are completely correct of course! Stopping touring does not necessarily mean stopping working altogether. - He deserves his retirement from touring. Guess we are being a bit selfish in our disappointment, having followed the big man for so long. Seeing him on the road is part of all our lives and has been for a long time. It would leave a gap, but a hell of a lot of great memories.

Like you said, let's enjoy the present and look forward to what is going to be a fantastic year with what I know will be another top-drawer album. Can't wait. - You do us proud every time Fish! :D

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 pm

"I do know that I will be preparing a limited edition containing the album, extra tracks and demos, live recordings, a DVD of the “making of” and a 100 page hardback booklet all in specially designed casing with artwork by Mark Wilkinson as the premier release with other cheaper versions also available as well as the aforementioned downloadable version. The booklet will not contain reams of names of “pledgers” as I don’t really think that the artwork needs to have a telephone directory involved! I will however be looking at other ways of raising the 50k budget I need to complete the album the most obvious being releases of other product".

If I'm still in employment when this happens, I'll definitely be a taker for this :)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Lady41 wrote:"I do know that I will be preparing a limited edition containing the album, extra tracks and demos, live recordings, a DVD of the “making of” and a 100 page hardback booklet all in specially designed casing with artwork by Mark Wilkinson as the premier release with other cheaper versions also available as well as the aforementioned downloadable version. The booklet will not contain reams of names of “pledgers” as I don’t really think that the artwork needs to have a telephone directory involved! I will however be looking at other ways of raising the 50k budget I need to complete the album the most obvious being releases of other product".

If I'm still in employment when this happens, I'll definitely be a taker for this :)

That 'deluxe' version sounds fantastic! :D Count me in! ;) :) Can't wait.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Conan wrote:Well, he talks about not being wealthy enough to retire yet - and unless the new album breaks him into new audiences I can't see that changing any time soon. How else will he make money if not through music? :shock:

So, if we don't buy the album then he can't afford to 'retire' and he'll have to carry on touring - is that the plan guys?! ;) :o :lol:

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:04 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:
Conan wrote:Well, he talks about not being wealthy enough to retire yet - and unless the new album breaks him into new audiences I can't see that changing any time soon. How else will he make money if not through music? :shock:

So, if we don't buy the album then he can't afford to 'retire' and he'll have to carry on touring - is that the plan guys?! ;) :o :lol:

Heehee, I don't think that would work, somehow ;) :lol:

Seriously though, once I'd read the whole thing I don't think he's intending to retire or stop touring any time soon: I think he's just wanting to spend less time 'on the road' than he's had to do recently.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Lady41 wrote:
GoldfishOrClown wrote:

Heehee, I don't think that would work, somehow ;) :lol:

Seriously though, once I'd read the whole thing I don't think he's intending to retire or stop touring any time soon: I think he's just wanting to spend less time 'on the road' than he's had to do recently.

Yeah, and selfishness apart, who can blame him - I don't even like being away from home for much more than a weekend!

Full Version