Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: New Post: Touring

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:the option of a Fishheads gig in my village would be fantastic. Mind you, the wine cost of hosting the big man overnight might just bankrupt me!! :lol:

This is a very fair point! :lol: :lol: But you could always make some home brew in advance ;) Where there's a will, there's a way! :P ;)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am

GoldfishOrClown wrote:the option of a Fishheads gig in my village would be fantastic. Mind you, the wine cost of hosting the big man overnight might just bankrupt me!! :lol:

Maybe we could get sponsorship?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 am

:D

Grendel Merlot_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 am

How about we all travel up to Haddington to watch him perform, thus cutting out his touring costs completely?! :D - He could erect a marquee (how ironic would that be?! :lol: ) in his back garden.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am

arcademannequin wrote:How about we all travel up to Haddington to watch him perform, thus cutting out his touring costs completely?! :D - He could erect a marquee (how ironic would that be?! :lol: ) in his back garden.

Dunno about the Farm, but there are certainly plenty of decent sized venues in the East Lothian area. Quite a few of his band members (Frank and Foss for example) are local to the area, so would not need accommodation (or could maybe stay at Fish's place). The area is well served by public transport and road access (the A1 runs right through it). Overseas fans could fly into Edinburgh or Glasgow, or arrive via ferry into Rosyth or even Newcastle (then a train ride or car drive north).

Yes. It could work. It will work!

If the mountain won't come to Mohammed... :D

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 am

arcademannequin wrote:
keitht wrote:Puts a few things into perspective, it would be interesting to see whether he gets a better attendance this tour with a full band rather than the acoustic tours of the last few years; or vice versa?

I was under the impression that the attendance was very good on the FishHeads tour. Isn't this the case? :?

I think that by and large it was successful, I saw three (well attended) gigs on the FishHeads tour but I do believe that some people prefer the electric to the acoustic

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 pm

keitht wrote:I saw three (well attended) gigs on the FishHeads tour but I do believe that some people prefer the electric to the acoustic

I do. But I would rather see him acoustically than not at all! :o :D

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Conan wrote:
keitht wrote:I saw three (well attended) gigs on the FishHeads tour but I do believe that some people prefer the electric to the acoustic

I personally like a bit of both, but that's going off-topic. :oops:

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Conan wrote:

I personally like a bit of both, but that's going off-topic. :oops:

Not really OT. We are talking about the costs of touring, and how that might impinge upon Fish's future touring plans and options. Acoustic tours would definitely keep the overheads down, but most of us would suffer withdrawal symptoms if there were no electric gigs - even if they were all based in or around Haddington! 8-)

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Now that was a great insight into the world of touring.
I wonder what the figures are like for the big arena and stadium tours.
I see lists where some of the big artists' tours earn millions. I wonder how that breaks down into costs and profits.

Hopefully a few music magazines will pick up on Fish's post and do some investigative journalism into costs for other bands

Maybe Fish should put his prices up a little to the £30 mark ?
Next

Full Version