Blogs posted by Fish, latest news and site updates.

Re: New Post: Touring

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Now that was a great insight into the world of touring.
I wonder what the figures are like for the big arena and stadium tours.
I see lists where some of the big artists' tours earn millions. I wonder how that breaks down into costs and profits.

I think the big ones are on tour with a lot of sponsorship, first I remember Volkswagen ;) !

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm

....The thing I find most surprising is the venue taking a cut of the merch' sales. - Wouldn't have believed this until Fish mentioned it in his blog. - A pity there isn't a way round this. - As someone said earlier, I'd be much more inclined to buy some of his stuff from the back of a van, just so the venue goes without.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

mwelljester wrote:With regards to the Merchandise problem with the Venues taking cuts of X amount. Obviously i dont know all the ins and outs, but would it not be possible to adopt a similar approach, that Fish has done in the past, regards to American tours. In other words setting up in cordination with a local "Watering Hole" (meet up) for instance and while bringing in an extra 300 odd punters, in return Fish gets to sell his Merch form said Watering Hole for free. :?
As i say i dont know all the ins and outs, just a thought though. :)

arcademannequin wrote:....The thing I find most surprising is the venue taking a cut of the merch' sales. - Wouldn't have believed this until Fish mentioned it in his blog. - A pity there isn't a way round this. - As someone said earlier, I'd be much more inclined to buy some of his stuff from the back of a van, just so the venue goes without.

Possibilities :? :?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

That someone happened to be Mr trotter !! :-)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:That someone happened to be Mr trotter !! :-)

Well I say it's a bloody good idea! :)

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 am

It may come to it in the future that there will be mostly Acoustic tours with the odd Electric one and i agree that i would rather see Acoustic than nothing. In one of his recent blogs he said that he didn't want to be touring when he is 60 (My Heart Sank) but as he quite rightly stated touring at 60 is ok if you're The Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen and staying in top Hotels. Sleeping in a Tour Bus for days or weeks on end with the odd Hotel room is ok when you're 20!! Hopefully Fish will carry on touring for a long time yet.
One idea is rather than do a long Tour is to do Conventions. This would cut down on the cost of travelling inbetween gigs etc. He could do one in the North and one in the South and the same for Europe.
His recent blogs are certainly an eye opener about the costs of touring and all the work that goes into setting it up.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 am

arcademannequin wrote:....The thing I find most surprising is the venue taking a cut of the merch' sales. - Wouldn't have believed this until Fish mentioned it in his blog. - A pity there isn't a way round this. - As someone said earlier, I'd be much more inclined to buy some of his stuff from the back of a van, just so the venue goes without.

I do believe that Fish and Yatta won't book places that take a percentage, all they get charged for is a one off fee for the use of a stall to set up on.
As Fish said it's like him asking for a percentage of the Beer they sell to the crowd that he brings in!!!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 am

The Assassing wrote:It may come to it in the future that there will be mostly Acoustic tours with the odd Electric one and i agree that i would rather see Acoustic than nothing. In one of his recent blogs he said that he didn't want to be touring when he is 60 (My Heart Sank) but as he quite rightly stated touring at 60 is ok if you're The Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen and staying in top Hotels. Sleeping in a Tour Bus for days or weeks on end with the odd Hotel room is ok when you're 20!! Hopefully Fish will carry on touring for a long time yet.
One idea is rather than do a long Tour is to do Conventions. This would cut down on the cost of travelling inbetween gigs etc. He could do one in the North and one in the South and the same for Europe.
His recent blogs are certainly an eye opener about the costs of touring and all the work that goes into setting it up.

An Excellent idea graham regards to Conventions, l would definitely be up for a North and South Convention as well as a European one. This would be a great opertunity for the Company to travel and meet up en masse! :D :D :D

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm

mwelljester wrote:
The Assassing wrote:It may come to it in the future that there will be mostly Acoustic tours with the odd Electric one and i agree that i would rather see Acoustic than nothing. In one of his recent blogs he said that he didn't want to be touring when he is 60 (My Heart Sank) but as he quite rightly stated touring at 60 is ok if you're The Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen and staying in top Hotels. Sleeping in a Tour Bus for days or weeks on end with the odd Hotel room is ok when you're 20!! Hopefully Fish will carry on touring for a long time yet.

An Excellent idea graham regards to Conventions, l would definitely be up for a North and South Convention as well as a European one. This would be a great opertunity for the Company to travel and meet up en masse! :D :D :D

It would make it more affordable for Fish to play live, possibly make it 3 days. I know it could make it a bit difficult for people to get the time off Work but it could work out easier to get time off in one go. A lot if us travel to several gigs which does take some planning.

Full Version